Gibson Brands Forums

Question bout the Dusk Tiger and 13 pi cable and midi.

Dutchman

Hi Everybody,

OK. just bought a BRAND NEW Gibson Dusk Tiger and I couldn't be more thrilled. I know there are a lot of haters out there who, Number 1) think the Dusk Tiger looks very ugly and Number 2) hate even the very idea of ROBOT guitars and auto-tuners.

I say "GET OVER IT". It's a wonderpremisemiss and as a songwriter I find the alt tunings on the fly is indispensable and I LOVE it even even more. I'll mainly be using my for "home recording" and not out on tour.

My question is this. I see that the DT comes with a 13 pin cable. Does that mean that it's midi ready and all I have to do is plug it up and I'll be able to play a ROLAND GR-55?

So with this 13-pin cable does that mean I can go straight into the GR-55 and that I don't need the GK-3 Pickup? Does it also mean that I can use this guitar with other Midi-related instruments or equipment.

Thanks so much for any information you can give me.

Hi Everybody,

OK. just bought a BRAND NEW Gibson Dusk Tiger and I couldn't be more thrilled. I know there are a lot of haters out there who, Number 1) think the Dusk Tiger looks very ugly and Number 2) hate even the very idea of ROBOT guitars and auto-tuners.

I say "GET OVER IT". It's a wonderpremisemiss and as a songwriter I find the alt tunings on the fly is indispensable and I LOVE it even even more. I'll mainly be using my for "home recording" and not out on tour.

My question is this. I see that the DT comes with a 13 pin cable. Does that mean that it's midi ready and all I have to do is plug it up and I'll be able to play a ROLAND GR-55?

So with this 13-pin cable does that mean I can go straight into the GR-55 and that I don't need the GK-3 Pickup? Does it also mean that I can use this guitar with other Midi-related instruments or equipment.

Thanks so much for any information you can give me.

Correct Dutchman.

You should have an 8 pin to 13 pin cable which goes from the RIP to a GR55/VG99 etc.

Plug and play!! No need for GK pickup.

Then midi out of GR55/VG99 to your other Midi-related instruments or equipment.

Here's the lowdown..... http://www.futureguitarnow.com/forum/index.php?action=forum

Correct Dutchman.

You should have an 8 pin to 13 pin cable which goes from the RIP to a GR55/VG99 etc.

Plug and play!! No need for GK pickup.

Then midi out of GR55/VG99 to your other Midi-related instruments or equipment.

Here's the lowdown..... http://www.futureguitarnow.com/forum/index.php?action=forum

Thank you so much for replying "lookaroundyou". that is exactly what i was thinking and hoping. I appreciate it and can't wait till I can hook it up and play with it,

Cheers

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys,

I have a Dusk Tiger and am about to buy a Roland GR-55. I note on the manual for the GR-55 that you are meant to tell it what kind of pickup the guitar has:

GK-3 Choose this if you’re using a GK-3.

GK-2A Choose this if you’re using a GK-2A.

PIEZO This setting is appropriate if you’re using a piezo pickup that

has a flat response.

PIEZO F This setting is appropriate for a Fishman piezo pickup.

PIEZO G This setting is appropriate for a Graph Tech piezo pickup.

PIEZO L This setting is appropriate for an L.R. Baggs piezo pickup.

PIEZO R This setting is appropriate for an RMC piezo pickup.

Does anyone know which of the above to choose? Is it just "PIEZO"?

Thanks in advance.

Archived