Gibson Brands Forums

Christmas is coming

Artie Owl

Ok with just over two months to go to Christmas, what's everyone wringing their hands for? Gear? Socks? Gear socks?

I dont know if i'll be asking for any guitar gear this year. I dug that strymon timeline pedal dem00n posted but wayyy to much money and hassel for me here in the Great White North.

I figure I can afford to buy for the younger family members and my fiancee but thats it, so in return I dont want much either. I'm hoping for an Al MacInnis St Louis Blues jersey because he's from Nova Scotia like me.

Maybe I'll ask for a DIY pedal kit and try my hand at soldering.

What about you guys?

I'm thinking about a Stewart MacDonald build your own acoustic guitar kit. About $600 or so.

Does anyone have any experience with these? That kind of cash goes a fair way to getting a new already built Strat but I won't learn anything that way.

I'm wondering just how good the guitar would actually be, assuming I do a very good job on the build.

Any thoughts?

Dave

Guest farnsbarns

Gonna ask for contributions to a new amp, sell the Marshall, and me Sheraton, see how much I've got and get to a decent shop with lots of amps. May be a couple of SM57s too.

Got my eye on an electric semi-hollow 12 string guitar with a flame top......

However, seeing as I recently obtained some more Teles, a MIA S.G. (to be highly customized), and a MIA Strat,

I may have to get it for my girlfriend instead of for myself................[sneaky] ....

Not sure...I don't really "DO" Christmas, in the commercial sense, anymore.

No family present (around here, anyway), so...I stay pretty low key, during

the Holiday time of year. Just hope to maintain my health, keep a roof over

my head, and (hopefully) play some gigs, for other people's parties. [biggrin]

CB

Archived