Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

GTnKY

Hi,

Can someone give me some - or point me to some Gibson-supplied - info on this guitar? I can't seem to find anything other than the generic blurb on the online retailers sites. Some more in-depth info on it would be great. For instance, is it a studio, as price would suggest?

I appreciate any and all information very much.

Thanks,

GT

the VM is a studio...what you get are the burstbuckers V like the new standards which are,in my opinion,somewhat better pickups that the 490-498 combo,which are installed in the regular studios.other that that,it´s all the same...i own it for a couple of years now and it has proven itself a real bargain,it´s a terrific guitar for not a lot of money.the only thing i don´t like is the lacking of a maple top,so you might have some treble issues,but a few tweaks of the amp should do the trick.gibson officially doesn´t have any info on this guitar because it is not in their regular production,and are made exclusively for MF and maybe some other companies.

hope this helps

i love mine. it's a really beautiful unique guitar. it sound's wonderful - the bbpro pups make up for the mahogany in terms of treble imo if you're concerned. my only gripes are that it dings easily because there isn't much paint to speak of- it's more of a wood stain and that it isn't a normal production model but i guess that means it'll be more collectible someday. as for the dings there is an easy way to alleviate those. there is a post about it somewhere.

i love mine. it's a really beautiful unique guitar. it sound's wonderful - the bbpro pups make up for the mahogany in terms of treble imo if you're concerned. my only gripes are that it dings easily because there isn't much paint to speak of- it's more of a wood stain and that it isn't a normal production model but i guess that means it'll be more collectible someday. as for the dings there is an easy way to alleviate those. there is a post about it somewhere. i think they call it a vm in the post.

it´s strange,when i first saw the VM on the internet i thought it was a factory second or something....no way could a LP be that cheap,brand new,with a case?? but bought it anyway.....if you don´t mind the lacking of cosmetics,such as binding,fancy finishes and such....this is it

it´s strange' date='when i first saw the VM on the internet i thought it was a factory second or something....no way could a LP be that cheap,brand new,with a case?? but bought it anyway.....if you don´t mind the lacking of cosmetics,such as binding,fancy finishes and such....this is it[/quote']

Hi, Jakatone!

It's not the prettiest LP out there, but in the "Most Bang For The Buck" Department it's right up there with the BFG. <g>

Cat Daddy

Archived