Gibson Brands Forums

youtube

damian

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt this is the answer you're looking for but it's the one I'm giving....

Embedded videos drastically slow down the load time of a blog. I think if anyone is genuinely interested in your music they won't mind taking 2 seconds to click the link you've posted and wait for the new screen to load.

At the same time I can totally relate to your frustration, computers are horribly amazing...

-Anotherguy

I doubt this is the answer you're looking for but it's the one I'm giving....

Embedded videos drastically slow down the load time of a blog. I think if anyone is genuinely interested in your music they won't mind taking 2 seconds to click the link you've posted and wait for the new screen to load.

At the same time I can totally relate to your frustration, computers are horribly amazing...

-Anotherguy

good thinking, i'll stick with URL links.

Thanks

Roger

The issue you are having is that you are using the url link from you profile page. You need to click on the "View Comments" (see red arroww) and view your video in the general public view page, and use that URL link.

Click on the "View Comments"

yt1.png

Now in the general public view click copy and paste the URL (see red arrow) in the insert media field.

yt2.jpg

simple

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've tried using the URL but it keeps embeding the vedios. But if I post the embed link I get the link to the video. Am I doing something wrong or will this be just fine? This is the first forum I've ever posted in that automaticly embeds the video by using the URL. Which I wouldn't mind except you can only posting two videos per post and I don't want to break the rules by posting videos in back to back post or anything like that.

Archived