Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Les Paul Custom

Kineman Karma

Ok...here are mine

1980 (Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Norlin) Les Paul Custom (Cherryburst)

(Cream Plastic and TP6 tailpiece were installed about 1 year after I bought it, new.)

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

This 2011 Gibson Les Paul "Classic Custom" (Gold Top), is my latest (Purchased October 28th, 2011)

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0005-3.jpg

Both (to me), are outstanding guitars, in every way.

CB

Ok...here are mine

(Cream Plastic and TP6 tailpiece were installed about 1 year after I bought it, new.)

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

This 2011 Gibson Les Paul "Classic Custom" (Gold Top), is my latest (Purchased October 28th, 2011)

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0005-3.jpg

CB

how many guitar you got charlie brown

Good evening. This is my first post and I would like to post my dad's old Les Paul. I am not sure what model it is.

Sorry, had to use a link to my facebook due to file to large.

Les Paul

That one looks to be a '59 or '60 Les Paul Special. Original, or Re-Issue??? IF it's an original..have it appraised! They go for some

pretty serious "coin," nowadays...IF everything is "original" on it.

Great gutiar, either way!

CB

Here's a pic of my '71 custom that I purchased in '79 for about $600.00 from a music store in Sacramento. I went there with the desire to buy a new Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst. One of the sales guys had his custom in the back and was looking to sell it. This pic was taken around '82. My right hand is hovering over the TP6 fine tuners.

When I bought the guitar, it had the three stock humbuckers with worn gold pick up covers. I replaced the bridge pickup with a super distortion Di Marzio, and removed the pick up covers on the middle and neck pick ups. This guitar was stolen along with an American Standard, Strat of mine in '94.

l.jpg

Amazing condition, if you've had that, since '72? Beautiful!

CB

I've only had it for about eight years. I've had a 1969 Les Paul Deluxe since 1973 & wanted the 1969 Les Paul Custom to go with it. The cost of the '69 went nuts & I bought the 1972 for about half the cost of a '69.

The guitar was in great condition with the exception of the gold on the pickup covers & the TOM bridge. I replaced the pickup covers & bridge, flipping over the nuts under the TOM made them seem like new. I have a feeling that the stop tailpiece may have been changed before I bought it. I'm keeping all of the origonal parts with it. I have a hard time when a guitar looks like new & the gold hardware looks like crap. I rarely change anything on a vintage guitar but this put me over the edge............ [cursing]

Here's a pic of my '71 custom that I purchased in '79 for about $600.00 from a music store in Sacramento. I went there with the desire to buy a new Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst. One of the sales guys had his custom in the back and was looking to sell it. This pic was taken around '82. My right hand is hovering over the TP6 fine tuners.

When I bought the guitar, it had the three stock humbuckers with worn gold pick up covers. I replaced the bridge pickup with a super distortion Di Marzio, and removed the pick up covers on the middle and neck pick ups. This guitar was stolen along with an American Standard, Strat of mine in '94.

l.jpg

That really sucks!! [crying] I can only imagine how you must of felt! I hope you were able to "recover" your loss with another two equally as special. I don't have any enemies but if I did I wouldn't wish that on my worst.

That one looks to be a '59 or '60 Les Paul Special. Original, or Re-Issue??? IF it's an original..have it appraised! They go for some

pretty serious "coin," nowadays...IF everything is "original" on it.

Great gutiar, either way!

CB

CB, it's a '60. Original except for the pegs changed. Here is a better picture.

post-36911-051444000 1320106326_thumb.jpg

That really sucks!! [crying] I can only imagine how you must of felt! I hope you were able to "recover" your loss with another two equally as special. I don't have any enemies but if I did I wouldn't wish that on my worst.

Thanks. I picked up a new wine red Les Paul shortly after that. Currently I have my black Les Paul standard, and red ES339 pictured below.

Outstanding! What a great "keepsake," from your Dad! Hang on to that baby! Very Cool!

CB

The only problem with the "keepsake", is dad is still around. LOL..... I had to go around the US to get it back for him. He has not seen it in 40 plus years. An old band member had it, and I finally got tired of waiting for him to send it to me. So I spent 16 hours in flight and airports ( in one day) to get it.

The only problem with the "keepsake", is dad is still around. LOL..... I had to go around the US to get it back for him. He has not seen it in 40 plus years. An old band member had it, and I finally got tired of waiting for him to send it to me. So I spent 16 hours in flight and airports ( in one day) to get it.

Well, you're a good son! Glad you got it back, too. Congratulations...

Some good "karma" there.

CB

Ok...here are mine

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0005-3.jpg

CB

I don't post much but follow the forums. I just wanted to pop in to say that your two LP's are THE BOMB! I only have a Fender Strat and a Gibson ES-335, but my dream guitar is a cherry burst LP like yours. Next in line on the bucket list is a GT (had a Tribute ordered but cancelled to get the 335). I love the black pick guard and knobs. Two beautiful guitars, so enjoy!

I don't post much but follow the forums. I just wanted to pop in to say that your two LP's are THE BOMB! I only have a Fender Strat and a Gibson ES-335, but my dream guitar is a cherry burst LP like yours. Next in line on the bucket list is a GT (had a Tribute ordered but cancelled to get the 335). I love the black pick guard and knobs. Two beautiful guitars, so enjoy!

Thanks, CapM, I appreciate the comments. I love'em both, for their differences, as well as their similarities. ;>)

CB

• 2 months later...

My Precious......the picture doesn`t do it justice.I`ll get better ones added soon.

1977 Cherry Sunburst Les Paul Custom 3pu

..................................................................(pot i.d. 1377707 )

378627_10150514768807679_697967678_8519532_522431098_n.jpg

Archived