Gibson Brands Forums

Argh Huge Problem.

geebake

While playing my newly acquired Robot SG, disaster struck. The MCK knob came off in my and and all it's pieces wound up on the floor.

Luckilly, I was able to get the knob and its parts reassembled and the system still works fine. However, it appears that there must have been a set screw (between the D and G markings on the knob) and it's nowhere to be found.

This doesn't seem like a screw that I'm likely to find at the local hardware store. And I never even noticed it before so I don't even know what it looks like.

Does anyone have any idea where such a screw can be obtained?

Thanks,

Greg

Thanks GB, will do.

I've been souring the net trying to figure this out. Apparently it's an M2x4mm screw and not all that hard to get. The problem is that this isn't designed to be user serviceable and there's no way to tighten it from the outside. Grrrrr. I think I'll look at it pretty closely and see if drilling it out big enough to fit an allen wrench in there will work.

Greg

Thanks GB, will do.

I've been souring the net trying to figure this out. Apparently it's an M2x4mm screw and not all that hard to get. The problem is that this isn't designed to be user serviceable and there's no way to tighten it from the outside. Grrrrr. I think I'll look at it pretty closely and see if drilling it out big enough to fit an allen wrench in there will work.

Greg

Pls talk to Guenther before drilling/modifying the MCK. He's very responsive and helpful. I'll bet there's a Tronical procedure he could share with you.

Pls talk to Guenther before drilling/modifying the MCK. He's very responsive and helpful. I'll bet there's a Tronical procedure he could share with you.

Yeah, good advice GB. I did some more studying last night and discovered that the problem is not at all what I thought. That set screw is there. That screw just keeps the MCK mechanism on the shaft. My problem is the knob itself. It appears to me that that knob is just a friction fit. At least I can't figure out what other than friction keeps the knob secured to the mck mechanism. I think I might try a piece of thread tape, wrapped around the mck. That might tighten it enough to get it to stay on.

Thanks,

Greg

Archived