Gibson Guitar Board: Epi Banjitar - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Epi Banjitar When is one available

#1 User is offline   motownindiana 

• Group: Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

Epiphone has a reputation of providing great stringed instruments without breaking the bank . Banjitars have been available for years giving guitarist an interesting tone option without having to learn a new instrument . Epiphone has made decent affordable Banjos for years . Why has Epiphone not offered a Banjitar yet ?

#2 User is offline   TommyK 

• You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNorth Shore of Mare Vaporum

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

It's a niche market. Something that is not in Epiphone/Gibson's business plan. Try Gold Tone. A Jam mate of mine has what he originally called a Mando-Tar. Since it has 6 single course strings and is sized and tuned an octave above a standard guitar, we decided it is really an octave guitar. Has a mandolin like voice, though.

Another guy I play with has a Dojo. part Bobro, part banjo. A 5 string banjo neck with a resonator body. It has a voice all it's own. It, too, is a Gold Tone.
~~~~~~~
"Fair" is never "Even" --- me again.
"... and Bob's your uncle," --- TWilson
"The closer you get to civilization, the less civilized humans become" --- me again.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that the Ark was built by a lone amateur and the Titanic by a staff of highly educated, highly trained engineers." ... Jimmy John's.

Guitars = Chick Magnet
Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
You do the math.

"If you've got time to breathe, you've got time for music," Briscoe Darling
"If it ain't got a hole, it ain't got no soul," me, TommyK

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users