Gibson Brands Forums: maestro ps1-a phase shifter - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

maestro ps1-a phase shifter

#1 User is offline   sean ghannam 

• Group: Members

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:43 AM

maestro ps1-a phase shifter...the best phaser sound ever!!!!

#2 User is offline   ChanMan 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNashvegas area

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

/chuckle

Have you checked out the Danelectro Pepperoni? Very inespensive for a rich phase tone :D
oxxx{============================>

ChanMan

View Postzigzag, on 27 April 2011 - 08:44 AM, said:

"Soul is born, blues is earned."

#3 User is offline   Supersonic 

• Cynical Optimist
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationThe Middle of Nowhere

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

I just recently got this for free for helping a guy clean out his garage! Only one of the switches works, but it sounds killer. I hope to get it all working correctly soon.

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   one-e 

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

You ever use one with the 3 way foot switch? It connects to the multi pin input on the back. Does some killer stuff when it's changing speeds. Speeds up and slows down into each of the 3 speeds.

#5 User is offline   firebird1295 

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

I have one in mint condition that I bought back in the 70's. I've never had the footswitch for it; I've just been gentle/easy when using the on/off footswitches that exist on the top of the pedal all these years, and it still works perfectly 30 plus years later!

You can get the braking action (like a Leslie...) by going from fast to medium speed, or fast to slow speed by just lightly tapping the pedal switches; I wonder what a reissue would cost? I'd think a lot of guitarists would like the sound you can get from this pedal.

I've played a real Leslie too and although they surely sound richer, and more 3D, I can't afford one; and it's not really practical to cart one around to simple bar gigs, or recording sessions either. So having the Maestro Phase Shifter for the occasional song/effect is great, and again, I think guitarists would like a reissue if it wasn't too pricey.

Just my two cents.

#6 User is offline   Versatile 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

I use a Boss ME 70 multi fx

It has some cool phaser and leslie sounds

And being stereo, can really get 'spacey'.....

V

:-({|=
Fiddling at the Pearly Gates
or somewhere
Lower and Warmer....

I like kayaking....it really floats my boat....

I dig most stuff....

#7 User is offline   pfox14 

• BANNED

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Was that made by Gibson or is it another company with the Maestro name?

#8 Guest_bishop11_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

View Postfirebird1295, on 13 February 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

I have one in mint condition that I bought back in the 70's. I've never had the footswitch for it; I've just been gentle/easy when using the on/off footswitches that exist on the top of the pedal all these years, and it still works perfectly 30 plus years later!

You can get the braking action (like a Leslie...) by going from fast to medium speed, or fast to slow speed by just lightly tapping the pedal switches; I wonder what a reissue would cost? I'd think a lot of guitarists would like the sound you can get from this pedal.

I've played a real Leslie too and although they surely sound richer, and more 3D, I can't afford one; and it's not really practical to cart one around to simple bar gigs, or recording sessions either. So having the Maestro Phase Shifter for the occasional song/effect is great, and again, I think guitarists would like a reissue if it wasn't too pricey.

Just my two cents.

thank you!!Posted Image

#9 User is offline   eclecticsynergy 

• LocationNY

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

I had one back in the 70s and loved the way it slowed or sped up gradually. Cool tone, too. I sold it when MXR came out with their flanger which was just too spacey for me to resist.

I've always loved Leslie tone, too. In the early 80s I was in a session at a studio where they has a real Leslie 147 and i spent half an hour trying to get the perfect tone out of it- couldn't manage it, even with its original tube amp. What I didn't realize until years after was that I was looking for the classic Leslie tone that Clapton got on "Badge" with Cream and "Had To Cry Today" with Blind Faith, a tone which came from the Fender Leslie cabinet used with a blackface Bandmaster or Bassman. Can't get that sound from a big wooden Leslie, however killer they may sound with a Hammond...

Anyway, the best rotary effect I've come across is the one in the Rocktron Replifex. Very, very good, especially combined with the unit's speaker reactance algorithm. But I still want a UniVibe someday...

If it sounds good, it is good.

#10 User is offline   Kaiser Bill 

• Zorchmeister

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

Wow...what a blast from my past. A real relic.... enjoy!!!
Gibson '63 RI 335 (2014)
Gibson LP (11/15/03) prod #265
Gibson LPDC (6/29/07) prod #58
Gibson Pete Townshend signature J200 (10/25/05) prod #71
Epiphone Joe Pass (April 2006)
Epiphone Les Paul (February 2007)
Epiphone Es335 Pro (2016)
Supro lap steel (1949)
Fender '69 Thinline Tele (reissue)
Fender 1000 D8 (1963)
Fender"P" bass (original 1972)
MIM Fender Strat'(2000)
2012 MIM Fender Telecaster
1990 Ovation Applause
1969 Univox acoustic
1982 Fender acoustic (F260S) ser# 400481
198? Sho-Bud Pro I pedal steel (Emmons set up)
1963 Fender 1000 double neck pedal steel.
Genz-Benz Shenandoah AC-150
2005 Fender Hot Rod Deville (2X12)
Many original vintage "stomp" boxes
TC Helicon Voice Live Play GTX w controller mic
Roy Smeck Uke
Harmony Uke (1961)
Assorted Peterson tuners (5)

#11 User is offline   lordraptor1 

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:46 PM

they are really spendy when they pop up on ebay 350 to 450 + shipping but what if you could do much better :D enjoy:

Posted Image

what didnt see it?? ok here :P :

Posted Image

sad how the amp was only made 1 year and is extremely rare. with that said though most people will pay high prices for the phaser itself but not the amp BUT the problem is people like using fleabay for "worth" instead of reputable sources flebay will fluctuate where as a reliable source usually dont :D. with that said couple places (that i consider reliable sources mainly because they answer questions without side stepping them seem to know about the amp without having to pause while they look it up, and thirdly they arent in the same state and have no incentive to lowball a "worth") have told me the ps1-a is worth $150 and the amp is worth $800 to $1200 ( to the right buyer).

anyway im off, im trying to track down a diagram and pics of the inside of the footswitch for the ps1-A so i can try to build one :P.

#12 User is offline   lancefrei 

• LocationMidwest

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:15 PM

View Postbishop11, on 28 March 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

thank you!!Posted Image

I have a nice one from the seventies that I bought new. Has the 3-button foot switch which was useful when performing live (didn't have to worry about destroying the unit). It was a great sound for lots of music back then without the hassle of hauling around a big Leslie speaker. Rarely use it now, but it's fun to plug it in and head back in time. Attached File  MaestroPS1.jpg (52.51K)
Number of downloads: 239

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users