Gibson Brands Forums

Reliable Stand

WideAwake

So my LP Studio just arrived! It's awesome, plays great right out of the box.

What do you guys recommend for stands? I keep my guitars in the cases at home, but need a good recommendation for a stage stand. I've got one for my fender, but the other cheapo one I have lying around, I just don't trust it at all.

Any recommendations appreciated.

For a compact little fold up stand, the Fender ones that come in the nylon bag are great (sorry to use the "F" word on this site). Folded up they'll fit in the back of your combo amp or in your gig bag. They support the bottom and back of the body of the guitar which is sufficient in most cases.

If you need a big heavy duty stand that wraps around the neck, the best stand I've ever found is a Hamilton KB-37. They're big, chromed steel, and built like a tank. They do fold up, but not very small. The best guitar stand in the business, if they're still made.

I have 2 of those hercules mini stands... they fold so you can take them wherever you want... and they serve their purpose well... also theyre suposed to be safe for the finish.

I have my guitars resting in their cases most of the time... i only put them in stands when recording, so i have different options without having to go and take them out of their cases ... But i would never leave them in stands on stage, unless the place has very good security and no one is allowed onstage... a friend of mine had his most loved guitar stolen before a show, he left it there, he got outside the place with the band so they could go in from the backdoor directly to the stage, and surprise, in 5 minutes: no guitar. Another friend got his chair (drummer) stolen after a show...

Archived