Gibson Brands Forums

Count me out

Thundergod

Finally sold mine. :)

I thought it was never going to sell. Luckily I managed to find someone interested and with money to buy it.

Congratulations! I'm still struggling to sell mine... GOR is really difficult to sell. Unless you give it for free. I think it's because there are people who can't stand the new tuning system at all or the people are aware of the situation, that Gibson don't keep this tech up to date.

• 7 months later...

JIHAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I finally got rid of my 1st Run Robot!!! It was a really painful negotiation (trade), but at least I didn't have to throw it to the trash can. Of course I lost a lot of €€€€, but I'm still happy. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

For some things,computers,cars,golf equipment,etc I tend to like the latest and greatest.

But the robo gitar,Min-e tune and all this rigamaroll I shyed away from when it came to chosing my LP Standard.Understandably there will be a learning curve for both Gibson and the consumer.Personally,tho this is one dance I'll sit out.For now.

Wow, people genuinely hate these huh? I've seen these Standards for close to 3K and thought why can't I get a new Standard LP without the stupid E-tune and 120th ingay at the 12th. [thumbdn]

I'm shopping for a 2013 TradProII because of all that "new fangled gadgetry and whatnot"...

I would love to pickup a used Robot for cheap. I would get a Tronical Tuner for it and pull the MCK just like I have already done to my Robot. I have a new Tronical arriving tomorrow for my Fender Telecaster. Love the newer version Tronical Tuner, works great! The Robot Guitars are a Gem if you can get one at a good price. Great tone, the build on these is better than a normal Studio!

• 3 months later...

I wonder if anyone else got the email from Gibson yesterday with the article written by Craig Anderton (who works for Gibson) spelling out the Five Ways He Was Wrong about auto tuning?

The responses were not at all favorable. Read for yourselves:

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/Five-Ways-I-was-Wrong-About-Automatic-Tuning.aspx?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Gibson%20Brands,%20Inc.&utm_content=Editorial+eBlast+-+October+7%2C+2014

I wonder if anyone else got the email from Gibson yesterday with the article written by Craig Anderton (who works for Gibson) spelling out the Five Ways He Was Wrong about auto tuning?

The responses were not at all favorable. Read for yourselves:

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/Five-Ways-I-was-Wrong-About-Automatic-Tuning.aspx?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Gibson%20Brands,%20Inc.&utm_content=Editorial+eBlast+-+October+7%2C+2014

Thanks Rev. I had to put my few pennies in. Same avatar, different name.

rct

Ah yes, that electronic wart, ha ha.

At least one person brought up the obsolescence issue which everyone has been avoiding. I can't even get a battery for a few year old Craftsman rechargeable drill as they changed the design from one big post to three prong. They made a gazillion drills, too, but now it functions only as a bludgeon.

I've always had Gibsons and would like nothing more than to see the company go from strength to strength but they're really veered off course since I last paid attention (2007 model year) which is why I'm speaking up.

Leave this stuff to companies that make lesser instruments and go back to what you've always done best.

Leave this stuff to companies that make lesser instruments and go back to what you've always done best.

That sums it up for me and is also the reason why I am angry at the "no nibs" philosophy. Gibson should be Gibson.

I decided that I will never buy any electronic tuning guitar.

Why?

You ask.

Know anything about Synthesizers?

They can tune anywhere from about 415 Hz to 452 Hz or more without looking it up.

Ever hear strings from a synth?

If they were not out of tune by a few cents, they would sound plain boring, dull, dumb, and many other words to describe that rich sound you get by tuning two tones (out of 4) to be out of tune for certain patches on a synth.

I can tune my synthesizers to anything I want and the guitar has to go there also, or else it is crap

Ever hear about pianos being tuned to not 440 Hz but 435 Hz in the Past. Operas tuned to 452 Hz, or an orchestra tuned not to 440Hz but to some other frequency for the base frequency.

Now, wreck musicals, wreck symphonies, and everything else, because some idiot decided to only tune a guitar with a computer to a certain absolute pitch, when music is relative.

Get a Life! Wreck something else, and don't wreck music.

I'm away from home, stopped in the local GC today, they have a slew of 15s, so I'll give them a go tomorrow or next weekend. I'm not even really against the autotuning devices, I'm against the way the guy was selling it is all. None of it makes sense, and they are staying away from the sense making stuff, like as a teaching tool maybe, or for some forms of music therapy where a kid can't really sit through tuning and other mundane stuff, but just wants to play. I think I thought of a few other reasons for it, but I can't recall them now.

rct

I'm away from home, stopped in the local GC today, they have a slew of 15s, so I'll give them a go tomorrow or next weekend. I'm not even really against the autotuning devices, I'm against the way the guy was selling it is all. None of it makes sense, and they are staying away from the sense making stuff, like as a teaching tool maybe, or for some forms of music therapy where a kid can't really sit through tuning and other mundane stuff, but just wants to play. I think I thought of a few other reasons for it, but I can't recall them now.

rct

I am happy there is a Gibson Inc. They build some great Instruments . I like that they try new things i know not every thing is perfect. But you can pick from a aray of instruments . As for fact you can buy a ES 175 from $800.00 to $8000.00 . That a great thing Gibson can offer us . Both in the Gibson and the Epiphone lines

I am happy there is a Gibson Inc.

Well I am too. I've invested several thousands of dollars into Gibson over many many years. I have bragged about Gibson products 99% of that time. I also reserve the right to be very disappointed in them. Which I am right now.

Archived