Gibson Brands Forums

The DIY thread

Dub-T-123

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's my favorite swirly finish by far! I'm loving the aluminum knobs as well

Hope you don't mind, it was much faster for me to draw this by hand then use my layout software

45C41ADC-7F3D-4016-812D-8D1E06C9BEFF_zpsinlmferv.jpg

So the way this is configured, the knob will add bass as it's turned up. I would suggest a reverse log C100K for a more even taper, or using an A100K wired backwards (this will reverse the sweep). Of course you can use linear B100K and many good builders do, like DAM do with the Drag'n'fly and Sonic Titan, but it works better for me with reverse log

And of course 4n7 and 2u2 are just examples, but those should give you good results

That's my favorite swirly finish by far! I'm loving the aluminum knobs as well

Thanks. I do love me some purple! [biggrin]

And of course 4n7 and 2u2 are just examples, but those should give you good results

Cool. So the wider the gap between the two cap values the more sweep the knob will have.

Yup, with your booster I would call this the "fat" control :P

Here's something fun! I cut myself some thin strips of walnut out of scraps at work the other day. Sprayed them with a coat of lacquer and while it dried I drew up a layout.

FF458392-1443-48F1-A4ED-14759289D8F9_zpsoyc1lu8h.jpg

It's pretty much just another germ fuzz face. Fuzz control is a pregain as I usually do. It's a clean machine. The wires are soldered under the board to keep the top neat, it's temporarily wired to my breadboard to make sure it sounds right. Transistors are my always great Texas Instruments 2N404, electros are Sprague, output cap is Mullard "tropical fish", resistors are carbon comp. PTP eyelet construction

I think I'll have to stick with aluminum or steel. Just easier to ground and more durable. I'll be making plenty of these wooden boards though! I'm on lunch and have some more walnut and a table saw :)

I think I'll need to send one of my germ FF's around to you guys to try out. They're so kickass!

Check out this pedal I made a while back pup. Same thing

photo_zpse7e43a56.jpg

Ryan, you wanna try one of the ones I have already made or one with the wood board and extra mojo parts?

Hmm...I like the idea of the wood and mojo. But I'll try either. Surprise me!

Shall I PM you my details?

-Ryan

I wired up another Big Toe with the switchable cap for bass boost today. Thanks for

the help with that design, Dub. Might have to do that more often - especially

since the last one sold in one day on the Flea Bay. [thumbup]

DSC_0002-21.jpg

DSC_0001-15.jpg

Great job! The cap blend pots have an even hotter appeal so definitely give that a try

Also maybe think about moving the toggle switch to the top of the enclosure. You have space up there, and that way it doesn't interfere with using right angle plugs. The way that's positioned, I'd probably break it by stepping on the plug

Great job! The cap blend pots have an even hotter appeal so definitely give that a try

Also maybe think about moving the toggle switch to the top of the enclosure. You have space up there, and that way it doesn't interfere with using right angle plugs. The way that's positioned, I'd probably break it by stepping on the plug

Remember the reason for the switch in the first place was those enclosures that Pedal Parts had added an extra hole to. [cursing] I was making lemonade. But if I do them again they will definitely go up top. [thumbup]

I spent a while putting together a DIY Les Paul.

I made a massive error though (total newbie to all of this). The heel joint on the guitar was huge, I taken too much of it and I just can't get it to play well.

So I've decided to strip it down and use the parts on another one, hey... I enjoyed putting it together and learnt a lot, so next time I'll get it right.

It looked nice

10314035_627369694014293_7723661597445971551_n.jpg

Archived