Gibson Brands Forums

The DIY thread

Dub-T-123

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I started working on my own treble booster using some of the "Dallas Rangemaster" schematics out there but I got sidetracked modifying Tube Screamers. All my friends kept absconding with my own modded TS9, so I had to start making more of them. Those are keeping me pretty busy but I really want to finish that treble booster and move on to a germanium fuzz of some sort. So many projects so little time.... [biggrin]

Well, I started working on my own treble booster using some of the "Dallas Rangemaster" schematics out there but I got sidetracked modifying Tube Screamers. All my friends kept absconding with my own modded TS9, so I had to start making more of them. Those are keeping me pretty busy but I really want to finish that treble booster and move on to a germanium fuzz of some sort. So many projects so little time.... [biggrin]

Hey Surfpup! Long Time no See!

Andy

Andre,

First time I've seen your finished product! Nice stuff. How do you like the JB guitar you built? What work did you do on the LP?

Andy

Hey Andy,

The JB is pretty cool, there were one or two problems that could have been solved with some extra time in the design stage, in terms of the bridge scraping the volume control.

However when I have some extra time I will fix it. It will just take some extra routing.

I really like, its a great guitar, I haven't really gotten much time to play it, I finished it a month before I started university. I will change the neck profile though when I go home for the holidays.

The Les Paul, got faux binding, a 50's rewire with RS parts, some aged parts and a mini toggle, that was installed for a piezo pickup but I haven't got around to putting it in yet.

Hah I know what you mean about getting sidetracked.

So what kind of mods are you doing to tube screamers? I'm not really a fan of the tube screamer but if you've got a cool mod I might like to give one a shot.

As for the germanium fuzz, I think you'd love a nice mkll tone bender with some mojo components.

So what kind of mods are you doing to tube screamers? I'm not really a fan of the tube screamer but if you've got a cool mod I might like to give one a shot.

I agree. Tube Screamers were always a one-trick pony for me - they did a good SRV tone but that was it. I always hated the mid-hump and the lack of low end. I'm changing 11 parts in my modded TS-9 pedals now and the result is really a much smoother and rounder sounding Tube Screamer with a lot more gain available.

Nice to see you around here still, Andy. How'd that RR Les Paul turn out, btw? I think you were still working on it last time I was here.

It's still waiting to "Turn Out" msp_biggrin.gif Too many things happening to focus on it and do it right. The end of the year is wrapping up and I will be taking a few weeks of vacation in which I hope to finish that and the Rick bass I am building along with a few thousand other projects! msp_scared.gif

Andy

Nice work ThunderGod..........How is that little CRATE amp ??? And is that a CARVIN V3 ??? How's that amp ???

I've read good things about both................

The Crate Powerblock is nice for the price and the size, I think they made a mistake by discontinuing it. The other amp (I take it you are talking about the one on the back) I'm not sure what amp it was (some people get me amps so I can change the color or size for them) I always thought that was a Randall solid state with something like the Peavey valvetronix system that a guy brought in to have it repaired. [confused]

Archived