Gibson Brands Forums

Les paul Juniors.

Sinner 13

I have a 2001 in black, with a Bigsby, locking tuners, and vintage wiring harness.

Looking for another in the same vintage for a back up, I play the hell out of mine on stage and its a tank.

My question is, why is it so hard to find these used?

Which locking tuners did you use? I'm planning to add a Bigsby B5 to my Les Paul Faded Double Cut, and was going to do the same with my Epi LP Jr. 90, but I've got the Gibson on lay-away, so the Bigsby will go on that one. Right now, I have two sets of Wilkinson locking tuners, as well as a Tune-O-Matic style roller bridge for each. I figure things should stay in tune, fairly well, with the bridge and locking tuners.

Matt

I used run of the mill Sperzels, just about any self respecting guitar store has them in stock.

And I replaced the stock compensated bridge with an after market with V-notches for the strings which I got off E-Bay for 18 bucks. string pressure alone is enough to hold it in place.

It seems that if you look on ebay there's a lot of overpriced vintage Jr.'s.At the moment the Jr.'s aren't as fashionable to be playing, with the exception of Billy Joe of Greenday. I'm sure a lot of players will move to the Jr. eventually, but not too many other big name guitarists are using them yet.

I suspect you have a Les Paul Junior LITE modified with an aftermarket set of tuners and a Bigsby. Does it have two stacked coil humbucking P-100s? I've gotta 2000 LPJr Lite and I've since dumped the P-100s for proper P-90s (and soon a minihumbucker in the neck spot).

Perhaps do an eBay search for "Les Paul Junior Lite"...

Archived