Gibson Brands Forums

Lp faded neck

jakatone

what is the profile in the standard faded series? i doesn´t say on the official website....i read on this forum that the neck on the faded is somewhat faster' date='why is that?[/quote']

you can choose between 60's and 50's neck profiles.the neck is faster because the finish is thin.

yeah,i heard that thicknes varies from model to model....i have a 50´s neck on my studio and that thing is FAT....i kinda prefer fat necks...thinner necks seem more comfortable in the beginning but when you play a 3-4 hour gig,you hands fall apart....i have that problem with my tele,but never with a gibson....so does anyone have a studio AND a LP faded....i could really use the comparrison.

damn....sorry about poor english

yeah' date='i heard that thicknes varies from model to model....i have a 50´s neck on my studio and that thing is FAT....i kinda prefer fat necks...thinner necks seem more comfortable in the beginning but when you play a 3-4 hour gig,you hands fall apart....i have that problem with my tele,but never with a gibson....so does anyone have a studio AND a LP faded....i could really use the comparrison.

damn....sorry about poor english[/quote']

i have a 1995 Studio and a 2007 Standard Faded. Both have the "rounded 50s neck." But the Studio's is bigger. That being said, my Faded is my number 1- so much easier to play. The thinner finish is the main thing. The Studio has a thick finish that get sticky when your hands sweat. The Faded's neck does not.

i have a 1995 Studio and a 2007 Standard Faded. Both have the "rounded 50s neck." But the Studio's is bigger. That being said' date=' my Faded is my number 1- so much easier to play. The thinner finish is the main thing. The Studio has a thick finish that get sticky when your hands sweat. The Faded's neck does not.[/quote']

my studio is a vintage mahogany so there is really no paint....a very thin finish....so maybe it could be campared to a faded neck....i really like the neck,so i wanted to check does the faded LP come close or there is a difference...

Sorry' date=' don't have a Studio (yet). And believe me, your english is great. MUCH better than some people who's [i']only[/i] language is english.

thanks,that´s i guess a good thing about living in a town that lives of tourism....during the season,i meet like 20 americans a day:)

my studio is a vintage mahogany so there is really no paint....a very thin finish....so maybe it could be campared to a faded neck....i really like the neck' date='so i wanted to check does the faded LP come close or there is a difference...[/quote']

I played a VM Studio once. If my memory serves me correctly, the neck is a lot thinner and faster than my 95 Studio. I would say it's pretty close to the Std Faded.

thats great,i was thinking about getting a faded eventually.....so i am gathering all the information.....can you believe that there is no gibson dealer in my entire country....i have to travel to,like,germany to find the first one....and when i go,i want to know what to look for.

Archived