Gibson Brands Forums

Byrdland Copy

fretplay

i know this is a continuation of my earlier thread but I have heard that Ibanez made a Byrdland copy serial 2464.

Have any members come in contact with this guitar? I have an Ibanez AM205 and it takes some beating for quality and performance.

I just saw and played one at a local music store - Bill's Music in Peabody, MA. Natural finish, made sometime in the 70's, according to the store owner. It was fantastic! The pickguard had off-gassed and the gold pickup covers were pitted near the pg, but it played and sounded great. At $2,000, it sure wasn't cheap...but to me, the build quality, sound, and playabilty made the price very reasonable (although still out of my reach, unfortunately).

Bill also has several Gibson Byrdlands in stock, including a '58, a couple of Barney Kessels, and 3 or 4 Howard Roberts models. Pretty amazing little store.

I just saw and played one at a local music store - Bill's Music in Peabody, MA. Natural finish, made sometime in the 70's, according to the store owner. It was fantastic! The pickguard had off-gassed and the gold pickup covers were pitted near the pg, but it played and sounded great. At $2,000, it sure wasn't cheap...but to me, the build quality, sound, and playabilty made the price very reasonable (although still out of my reach, unfortunately).

Bill also has several Gibson Byrdlands in stock, including a '58, a couple of Barney Kessels, and 3 or 4 Howard Roberts models. Pretty amazing little store.

Hi Doug, I have mailed you on this direct, give me a mail when you get a chance.

Archived