Gibson Brands Forums

Great little website-Transposes songs for you

onewilyfool

I need a song first.

Actually I have a song. It's on paper. I pasted it to the screen, but it didn't seem to like my format. That... and I got my screen all gunky.

Anybody got a link to a website for music writing freeware?

Both of those websites - logue and chordie - are very cool. Thanks for those links. Any other cool websites you know about - post 'em! smile.gif

When I am looking for lyrics I usually go to metrolyrics.com...I've got a free audio tuner on my laptop that I use quite often sitting around in motels. If anyone wants it, be glad to send it to ya. Funny story, once I had a fridge that kicked on and hummed in the perfect key of standard A and I would sit and wait for it to cycle and tune my guitar to it.

Check it out....sing a song in YOUR key!!! Copy song and chords from another website' date=' paste and transpose!!! Just used it today and it works wonderfully.....check it out!!!

http://logue.net/xp/

[/quote']

Wily

You've confused me yet again!

Please tell me, in terms of my singing........

What is a "key"

John

Johnt.....here is the secret "key", get the first line of a song you know, and find a comfortable chord to start it off in....then play the whole song, if you can do it without going too high and cracking your voice, or too low and rumbling your voice til it hurts....it's in your key!!! LOL....or use a capo....and learn to transpose.....for myself, I only use singing to cover up my guitar playing....have a good one...

Both of those websites - logue and chordie - are very cool. Thanks for those links. Any other cool websites you know about - post 'em! =D>

When I am looking for lyrics I usually go to metrolyrics.com...I've got a free audio tuner on my laptop that I use quite often sitting around in motels. If anyone wants it' date=' be glad to send it to ya. Funny story, once I had a fridge that kicked on and hummed in the perfect key of standard A and I would sit and wait for it to cycle and tune my guitar to it. [/quote']

Tuned to the key of "K" "Kelvinator".

Archived