Gibson Brands Forums

Leon!

FirstMeasure

I got to run monitors for Leon about 10 yrs ago-

It was so cool, he had just had both hips replaced, and was walking with canes, anyway, he come rambling up the stage, sits down at his keyboard, and then just burned the place down, it was amazing- and, he was solo! had all the backup parts midi'd

It was just a mind-blowing experience.

Leon's a great songwriter, and many of his songs lend themselves for varied interpretations. You might remember these two (one mentioned above). He's probably still living off the songwriter royalties from the sales of these two records.

Very cool!! That's a pretty decent backup band too!! [biggrin]

Yeah, he always seems to be surrounded by greatness [thumbup]

Leon is just great, my two favs

I was going to say Stranger in a strange land but its been posted so this is my second-second best;

I've always been fond of Hummingbird. BB King does a pretty good version of it, too.

A lot of great artist came out of The Wrecking Crew. By the time Leon did his first solo record he had been on many hits and was well known in the industry. The few times I saw his shows he never failed to just rock the house.

He played on Glenn Campbells Gentle On My Mind under the name "Russell Bridges".

A lot of great artist came out of The Wrecking Crew. By the time Leon did his first solo record he had been on many hits and was well known in the industry. The few times I saw his shows he never failed to just rock the house.

He played on Glenn Campbells Gentle On My Mind under the name "Russell Bridges".

J.J Cale was part of his Tulsa Sound, too. They go way back.

Archived