Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson quick connect

blueslespaultone

Out of curiosity, my lp 50 tribute humbuckers came with, quickconnect solderless

Pu system; how does one change pickups and keep the whole solderless design?

Buy the parts needed to connect to new pickups at www.mouser.com

Then simply change them out.............

The only ones available with quick connect are the emgs and not a big fan.

Wonder if anyone's done it. With like Gibson bb pros,1,2, or 3, 57's, Seth lovers, antiquities,

Bk's.

I'm shooting in the dark with this.

I'm only curious for future reference, just incase I wanted to switch out pu's.

I guess the Only way to do so is to switch out the pots caps switch and input jack, that way it can be restored to original specs

Out of curiosity, my lp 50 tribute humbuckers came with, quickconnect solderless

Pu system; how does one change pickups and keep the whole solderless design?

I posted a link for you above............It is as simple as buying ANY pickup.....Buy the connectors from Mouser, solder the connectors

to the NEW pickups, remove your existing pickups, install your new pickups with the new connectors, plug your guitar into an amp,

and play....................................................

Yeah, about that link,

I clicked on it and was unsuccessful in finding what was needed for the connection .

I was using an iPhone, unless you posted a direct link to the product that fits the connector.

anyways, thanks

I'll find the part numbers for you.......P/N 538-43645-0200 and P/N 538-43031-0010...................

And shrink wrap tubing...............................

• 1 month later...

I'll find the part numbers for you.......P/N 538-43645-0200 and P/N 538-43031-0010...................

And shrink wrap tubing...............................

I just received the parts from Mouser & there may have been a change......

I'm working on a 2009 Les Paul Studio. the 538-43031-0010 are MALE pins. The socket on the PCB uses MALE pins... NTTAWWT...

The original BBPro pickups have connecters with FEMALE sockets in the plug. Mouser part number 538-43030-0010 is for the FEMALE pins that are needed for this board.

Are there circuit boards out there with both MALE and FEMALE parts? Or has Gibson changed up in production?

Archived