Gibson Brands Forums

Would it be ok if ...

Thundergod

No it cant.

(and you should see Wolffs tele... that one is awesome...)

I hope Mike sayis it is ok... then we can have our little f----- fest here' date=' I would hate to have to go to the f---- forum... I dont like that place...

So we have Oilpit's Tele, my Tele, and Wolf's Tele... anyone else?[/quote']

I'll play if it's a go.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waitaminute... I havent posted mine!

Then again... looking at retrosurfer's teles and colection in general... I dont think I want to post mine anymore... you have so (many) nice guitars retro... it would be great to see them all in one place (...hm... do you happen to have them posted somewhere we can go and droll over them?).

Ok here's mine... 60 anniversary American Ash model... she has the diamond thing in the back of the headstock.

DSC01479.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5830.jpg

Old pics... I'll take more soon...

Next Tele I'm getting is one exactly like surfpups tele... I like that finish a lot. Then I'll have to decide which one to mod with noiseless or single spaced humbuckers.

Damn, I keep saying I will not buy any more guitars... and then I start making the list longer...

Right now Im waiting for a SG that I dont know if I will keep... but already placed an order for an american Deluxe Strat =D> ... and want a firebird... and another Tele... you guys are not helping!

Even make a sweet semi hollowbody the 73 thinline another nice player with distinctive sound

IMG_2118.jpg

This one is awesome. Played it once and have not thought of another Tele since!

Great collection (of course) Retro!!

Retro gets my vote based on sheer numbers!

Right now Im waiting for a SG that I dont know if I will keep... but already placed an order for an american Deluxe Strat :( ... and want a firebird... and another Tele... you guys are not helping!

Dude' date=' what is wrong with you? A SG and a Strat...why do you need so many guitars? 8-[

Thought you hated Strats?

I hate teles with all my heart.

We should talk..............O:)

Thanks everybody and I will post photos of the whole group sometime soon my insurance is requiring photos now so I've got to take pics and I'll post them. Ive been putting it off since I have 47 guitars right now (don't say it I know, it's a illness) so it might take a while to photograph them which is fine I've been collecting them for 30 years now but while all the guitars are really nice, I somehow totally suck at photos with the digital camera so I'll go through and try to get some ideas from all your pics and I actually just went out and bought a background cloth so hopefully I will at least do the guitars justice.

The question from 1982CARLPEMGS on the VooDoo and what I think of it. Don't know it's a great guitar and has good tone as well as a comfortable neck and a light swamp ash body so feels good but somehow Ive never really bonded with the looks the little skull inlay and red fill always make me kinda cringe when I play it. Don't know why everybody always loves it and it get's a lot of positive comments but who knows I guess I'm more of a Goldtop or wood tone guy, my main guitars are a Honeyburst and the Warren Haynes Signature LP.

The Thinline hollowbody is a great player all around has a really distinct sound and as wierd as this may sound I play it about half the time acoustically it's a great sound and quiet so I enjoy writing with it.

I really like fender Strat's and Tel'e but if I want the Fender sound about half the time I play the 77 L6-s that is in the photo with the 73 it has a great Fender sound with the five way switch and coil taps and a great feel even after 30+ years.

Thanks again for all the kind words the guitars really are a obsession but I get a lot of enjoyment out of them and it beats spending all my time and money chasing a golfball or a girlfriend and after selling a few originals the $$$ invested really isn't that unreasonable

Yes I did... and then I saw pics of yours... and now I want a strat with that finish but with all the extra options the deluxe has (that would end up as my gigging guitar).

Thanks again for increasing my GAS Tim![-(

WOW' date= you're persuaded that easily, eh? What have I done??? eusa_doh.gif

You know, you can get a Tele in that finish. I think there was one posted earlier in this thread.

Deluxe too, I'll bet. Sounds like you might be able to kill two birds with one stone...

You're talking to the guy that owns both colors of "Hello Kitty" strats...

Oh dear...

O:)

Thanks everybody and I will post photos of the whole group sometime soon my insurance is requiring photos now so I've got to take pics and I'll post them. Ive been putting it off since I have 47 guitars right now (don't say it I know' date=' it's a illness) so it might take a while to photograph them...

[/quote']

When I grow up, I wanna be like retrosurfer! (my fiance wont be as excited about the idea of 47 guitars tho...)

Hope we get to see those pics soon man... really nice guitars.

Since we are on the subject of Telecasters, would you Tele owners say they're better than Strats? I understand that they are two completely different guitars, but for someone who's considering buying his first Fender guitar (I really want something that's great for playing electric blues, specifically Hendrix, SRV, and some Chili Peppers) which would be better? I'm leaning towards a 62 Strat RI but Teles are really starting to grow on me. (I apologize for my lack of knowledge regarding Fender guitars...)

From the groups you listed, I'd say the Strat is better for you, but certainly there will be someone here able to give you more detailed advice than that.

So, what's the status of the Tele contest? How many are participating besides TG and I?

Since we are on the subject of Telecasters' date=' would you Tele owners say they're better than Strats? I understand that they are two completely different guitars, but for someone who's considering buying his first Fender guitar (I really want something that's great for playing electric blues, specifically Hendrix, SRV, and some Chili Peppers) which would be better? I'm leaning towards a 62 Strat RI but Teles are really starting to grow on me. (I apologize for my lack of knowledge regarding Fender guitars...)[/quote']

I can sure recomend this one:

American Mahogany Special Strat

MSS015.jpg

They make a matching Tele, but I am not gonna tempt you, 'cuz that would just be mean.

Since we are on the subject of Telecasters' date=' would you Tele owners say they're better than Strats? I understand that they are two completely different guitars, but for someone who's considering buying his first Fender guitar (I really want something that's great for playing electric blues, specifically Hendrix, SRV, and some Chili Peppers) which would be better? I'm leaning towards a 62 Strat RI but Teles are really starting to grow on me. (I apologize for my lack of knowledge regarding Fender guitars...)[/quote']

For the sounds you referenced it has to be a Strat! One with good single coils - no humbuckers. If you buy a cheap one you will be replacing the pickups (not a bad route to take sometimes). The 60's reissues oughta do what you want just fine.

Archived