Gibson Brands Forums

Angus Young SG should be priced as

FenderGuy1

So lets get this straight. You cant afford a Gibson SG - any Gibson SG but you think that just because you like ACDC, the Angus Young SG should be cheaper than any other Gibson Guitar on the market?

If you are a beginner, or an a low budget, Gibson is not the brand for you. It is a PREMIUM brand with PREMIUM pricing. I am sorry if that doesnt fit your world view but Gibson are not a charity and they are unlikely to sell anything that undercuts their own position in the market.

If you can afford one, the Epiphone G400 series is an excellent starter SG. Even that is well above your desired price-point but you should be able to pick up a used one within your budget.

Shitty sub $200 guitar not sounding like a $2000 Gibson? = a message from God reminding you of the importance of working hard at school and getting a good job.

Don't forget, if you're on a budget, you can also go used. You can find a SG Special with a gloss finish for maybe $400-$650 depending on the condition. You have to do a lot more leg work than just walking into a Guitar Denter. Check Craigslist, or eBay frequently. I got 3 of the 5 Gibsons I've owned used. They are all great guitars. You just have to be more patient. You'll be happier in the long run if you save up and get what you really want. Good luck.

Don't forget, if you're on a budget, you can also go used. You can find a SG Special with a gloss finish for maybe $400-$650 depending on the condition. You have to do a lot more leg work than just walking into a Guitar Denter. Check Craigslist, or eBay frequently. I got 3 of the 5 Gibsons I've owned used. They are all great guitars. You just have to be more patient. You'll be happier in the long run if you save up and get what you really want. Good luck.

thanks man. i am happy with my strat it must have some high output humbucker cause it sounds like a SG but its a strat style guitar by Squier

thanks man. i am happy with my strat it must have some high output humbucker cause it sounds like a SG but its a strat style guitar by Squier

i found a used gibson les paul double cut special on craigslist for 450 bucks. and that thing plays allot like an as and i can get really good AC/DC sound out of that. and it has P-90's. you just gotta get a budget guitar and work with it using your brain and your amp to find a good setting. and are you serious about learning to play AC/DC? learn blues first. AC/DC is blues just faster and more distorted. and strats cant really give you good AC/DC sound. you need something with a more solid body.

This Gibson Guy 1 is suspiciously like a person who was Fenderguy1 on another forum until he got banned for writing inane threads,making outrageous claims and using inflamatory language.I can't be sure that this person is one and the same but the style of writing is so much like the other,it's uncanny.BTW this guy was banned several times just to come back under another moniker.There are people on this forum who no doubt know the guy I'm talking about because they are on that forum too from time to time.

If you want an SG for $200, buy an Epiphone! Gibson cannot build an SG style guitar that would have any good features (like 2 good humbuckers)or real hardwoods for that price. Otherwise, $699 for the SG Faded Special is a steal. And $1200 for the SG standard isn't bad either, considering just how much guitar you are getting at that price :D Any working man (or woman) can afford a real Gibson SG. You just have to want it bad enough :P

If you want an SG for $200, buy an Epiphone! Gibson cannot build an SG style guitar that would have any good features (like 2 good humbuckers)or real hardwoods for that price. Otherwise, $699 for the SG Faded Special is a steal. And $1200 for the SG standard isn't bad either, considering just how much guitar you are getting at that price :D Any working man (or woman) can afford a real Gibson SG. You just have to want it bad enough :P

and ok, and for the guy that thinks im a troll (not you) i called myself gibson guy because i know alot about both Fender and Gibson

Please don't ever compare a Strat to an SG; especially on this board. That's like showing up at a party and walking around ripping a$$ everywhere.

Have some respect.

It's also similar to when you leave a Gorilla in the Mist for host to find in their bathroom.

Okay my 2. A Squire doesn't sound like a Fender. I have bought Squires in the past and tried modding the electronics and still sounded like crap. So. It takes alot of skill to make MIA or MIM Fenders sound good. Most likely because of the small single coils, and creative amp settings to give it a full sound. The SG Standard sounds great right out of the box. The short commings of the SG is sustain, but with practice and settings that can be helped.

D

Archived