Gibson Brands Forums

Things you might see on Craig's List or Evilbay.......

onewilyfool

Here’s some things you might see on Craigslist or Evilbay: (Bracketed statements mine)

For sale: Vintage (made in 1996)Yamaka B4i4Q.RU/18. Rare (only 450,000 units shipped) ( Korean made). Select Spruce top (laminate), beautiful back and sides made from Brazillian rosewood I think. (laminate back and sides from photo veneer of Brazillian Rosewood) No longer made. (I wonder why?) I am selling this guitar for a friend, and neither he nor I know much about the guitar, so you are probably getting a great deal due to our ignorance. His great-great-grandfather was the original owner of the guitar, and it was rarely played, perhaps no more than two hours since 1996, and this is a great personal sacrifice for his family to have to sell this guitar in these difficult financial times. His loss is your gain.. (Riiiiiiight) Guitar in Mint condition, except for 4” gouge in back which does not affect the structure or playability. Other than that only four or five dime sized dents in the top which will not show up in photos. Sorry for the quality of the pics, I'm using my cell phone. Dents do not affect the sound and only one goes through to the wood. You have to hold the guitar in a certain light to see the dents. (yeah, daylight or any source of electric light) This guitar has been lovingly cared for, and has the usual dents, scratches, dings, and gouges appropriate for a guitar of this age. This guitar has great Mojo!!! (read, beat up, not cared for, and seller is misleading you) Everything is stock, except tuner heads have been replaced and the bridge has been repaired, endpin is missing, and label has peeled off and is missing. Frets have been filed as close to the fretboard as possible to give you the lowest action of any guitar I have ever played!!! Action may be a little high where the neck meets the body, but is great for practice to strengthen your fingers, or ideal for slide guitar. This is one of the best sounding guitars I have ever played, including Martins and Gibsons.

I believe the list price on this guitar was $2,499.99, and the original owner paid $2,401.00 for the guitar in 1996, although I don’t have any receipts. Willing to sacrifice for $2300.00!!!! Owner absolutely must sell!!! Price is FIRM!!! (LOL) This is a great guitar for the professional player OR a guitar collector, who can add this rare and desirable guitar to their collection.

Craigslist is pretty useless around here. I know a lot of people use it but being in northern Maine, most of the ads in Maine are in freakin' Portland, which is only like 300 miles away... I put ads on there once in a great while and I don't know WHY, as most of the time all I get are phishing emails.

As to evilbay.... man I gotta tell ya, I think I got on ebay right at the right time (1999) because I did make a ton of money on there stripping motorcycles. But I kept my overhead low, using my '82 Ford pickup for a "business vehicle" (har-de-har-har). Well, I did have to transport them when I bought them and then dispose of the scrap metal, so I definitely needed a truck, and I used what I had (and continue to drive by the way; I bought it in 1995 and when I pay $1200 for something I get my money's worth). I also just used old hand tools in spite of needing stuff once in a while, I made do. My reason for all that was that if the t*ts fell off the motorcycle part business I could bail in a hearbeat. "Hey, I sell bikes parts!" then *poof* (takes one step to the side) "Hey, I'm out of the bike business!"

Which is advice anyone should heed. Keep your suitcase packed and by the door.

And evilbay has jacked up the cost of doing business often over the years with no payoff. They charge higher fees but don't give any better service for it. They suck.

Too funny!

Do you guys have Kijiji down there? It's like Craigslist. I scan Craigslist and Kijiji and couple times daily for deals on guitars. I found this one this afternoon....

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-Almost-New-Alvarez-Classical-Guitar-Case-List-Price-369-W0QQAdIdZ82910399

Here's what it says....

Almost New Alvarez Classical Guitar & Case List Price $369

Price: $150.00

Up for auction is this great almost new Alvarez Classical Guitar with case. The list price is $369.99, though I have seen them listed for $249 on sale. My ex-boyfriend purchased this for me as a birthday gift and while I was dating him, I was really into learning how to use it.....now not so much.:-s I would love to get some cash for it and buy myself a nice pair of shoes.

Btw, the guitar is not a classical! It's an RD8. Hopefully she knows her shoe size LOL

Here’s some things you might see on Craigslist or Evilbay: (Bracketed statements mine)

For sale: Vintage (made in 1996)Yamaka B4i4Q.RU/18. Rare (only 450' date='000 units shipped) ( Korean made). Select Spruce top (laminate), beautiful back and sides made from Brazillian rosewood I think. (laminate back and sides from photo veneer of Brazillian Rosewood) No longer made. (I wonder why?) I am selling this guitar for a friend, and neither he nor I know much about the guitar, so you are probably getting a great deal due to our ignorance. His great-great-grandfather was the original owner of the guitar, and it was rarely played, perhaps no more than two hours since 1996, and this is a great personal sacrifice for his family to have to sell this guitar in these difficult financial times. His loss is your gain.. (Riiiiiiight) Guitar in Mint condition, except for 4” gouge in back which does not affect the structure or playability. Other than that only four or five dime sized dents in the top which will not show up in photos. Sorry for the quality of the pics, I'm using my cell phone. Dents do not affect the sound and only one goes through to the wood. You have to hold the guitar in a certain light to see the dents. (yeah, daylight or any source of electric light) This guitar has been lovingly cared for, and has the usual dents, scratches, dings, and gouges appropriate for a guitar of this age. This guitar has great Mojo!!! (read, beat up, not cared for, and seller is misleading you) Everything is stock, except tuner heads have been replaced and the bridge has been repaired, endpin is missing, and label has peeled off and is missing. Frets have been filed as close to the fretboard as possible to give you the lowest action of any guitar I have ever played!!! Action may be a little high where the neck meets the body, but is great for practice to strengthen your fingers, or ideal for slide guitar. This is one of the best sounding guitars I have ever played, including Martins and Gibsons.

I believe the list price on this guitar was $2,499.99, and the original owner paid $2,401.00 for the guitar in 1996, although I don’t have any receipts. Willing to sacrifice for $2300.00!!!! Owner absolutely must sell!!! Price is FIRM!!! (LOL) This is a great guitar for the professional player OR a guitar collector, who can add this rare and desirable guitar to their collection.

[/quote']

Will you accept 1784 of the finest English pounds I wish to add this rare and desirable guitar to the collection.

The garbage men collect on Wednesdays!

I hope your 100% wrong, (although I know your not... I too see those ads as I scan CL daily) but there are definantly guitars to be found that are real and wonderfully priced. By this time tomorrow, I hope to be the new owner of a 1960 Gibson ES-125TC that has been a closet classic for the last several years. Where was it... Craigslist! I have the photos, know the owner is for real and plan to meet and swap one of my acoustics tomorrow for the Gibby and no........ it is not my AJ or my Taylor.

(Crossing my fingers, doing a little good luck dance and drooling over the photos as you read this...:D )

I hope your 100% wrong' date=' (although I know your not... I too see those ads as I scan CL daily) but there are definantly guitars to be found that are real and wonderfully priced. By this time tomorrow, I hope to be the new owner of a 1960 Gibson ES-125TC that has been a closet classic for the last several years. Where was it... Craigslist! I have the photos, know the owner is for real and plan to meet and swap one of my acoustics tomorrow for the Gibby and no........ it is not my AJ or my Taylor.

(Crossing my fingers, doing a little good luck dance and drooling over the photos as you read this...:) )[/quote']

share the pics so we can drool with you!

share the pics so we can drool with you!

Well... it is not a done deal until hopefully tomorrow' date=' but I am possibly trading my Walnut/Sitka Dread for this if we both agree after trying them out and seeing them in person:

(Note: Photos from the current owner who got this guitar passed down from his Grandfather)

[img']http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd219/lofapco/IMG_0120.jpg[/img]

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

I made the trade tonight for the 1960 Gibson ES 125TC with the understanding that if either of us should be unhappy with the decision over the next 7 days we can trade back, in the same condition, with no questions asked. I can tell you after playing it for the last couple hours, that I am in heaven. I have never played an electric guitar that I could play as eaisly as an acoustic guitar whether fingerstyle or strumming! This thing is a blast!!! I don't understand why they called it a "student model" or lower quality... It is a great looker with MOJO coming out of both F holes. I wish I had a great little tube amp, but someday I will. For now it sounds really nice through my Genz Benz Shenendoah using a Dod multi effects pedal. I love the clean sounds and when you add a little crunch the blues sing from this baby.... I never played a guitar with a P90 pickup before but man is it HOT!

I hope the other party is having as much fun with my guitar so the trade stays. Maybe I should run and hide for a couple weeks..... #-o

As to the topic of this thread.... CRAIGSLIST ROCKS TONIGHT!!!

Archived