Gibson Brands Forums

Robot...new strings setup??

byron123

Added a robot to my collection...kind of like it..anyway...It is so new i have not put new strings on it....I think that you need to do a recalibrate when restringing (am i correct here??). So anyone have a simple description of how to do this??? I find the manual to be pretty dense...so your insight and help are appreciated!!!!

thanks

Byron123

Added a robot to my collection...kind of like it..anyway...It is so new i have not put new strings on it....I think that you need to do a recalibrate when restringing (am i correct here??). So anyone have a simple description of how to do this??? I find the manual to be pretty dense...so your insight and help are appreciated!!!!

Hi, Byron!

According to the manual on Page 49, "The Robot Guitar will be pre-calibrated for a standard .010-.046 set of strings." To my way of thinking, as long as you don't change string gauges when re-stringing, you don't need to re-calibrate the Powerheads (tuners).

Cat Daddy

i have had my rbt for about 7 days.... I find it to be very nice... it is my 2nd lp and i bought it on an impulse. Actually, this is my 2nd rbt, the first arrived and the finish was not good... smelled like paint when i opened the case, then i played it for 20min and marred up in the back, against my sweatshirt!!! and the neck finish was pretty soft, and got "misty" from my fingers....i tried to buff it out with a cotton cloth..and the cloth left marks..... the gtr was replaced by the vendor. so i now have rbt, ver 2.0....Anyway, it tunes as advertised (pretty nice in a high gain environment; when you are under stress). AND i find it to be very nice to play. Got a great sound and is (in my opinion) killer looking. Has a little hum issue, but i am not sure that this may be the hotter Pups than my older LP, ....So overall, i like it and i am gonna keep it.

best to all

Byron123

Archived