Gibson Brands Forums

How Do I Remove Volume & Tone Knobs???

Chas63

I recently got a new Epi Wilshire Pro guitar with the coil tapping feature where I can use each of the two pickups as either single coil or humbucker by pulling up or pushing down on the volume knob for that pickup.

I'd like to replace the volume knobs with new knobs that have numbers on them. My question is how do I remove the present knobs? I've tried pulling up rather firmly on them, but that didn't work. I also tried twisting them firmly counterclockwise, but that didn't work either. I don't want to break anything by pulling or twisting too hard. So, how do I remove the existing knobs?

Also, can you recommend a good place to get the replacement knobs?

Thanks for any assistance.

Chas

Thanks! [thumbup] The video was great! [thumbup]

Any suggestions on where I might find new knobs (with numbers)?

Remember, try different variations on the towel technique....ie, with old t-shirts......It also may take time.....I had the same thread a while back.....

It finally worked for me......( God bless the collective smarts here !!!!!!!! )......As per knobs, as RaSTuS says, GFS ( and e-bay)....Also try

"Amplified Parts"......Knobs can be found through many web sites.....Keep in mind that knob 'holes' come in a variety of sizes.........

Do your research...........I now have many knobs that don't fit what I want them to..........[crying] :unsure: [scared][cursing]:rolleyes:[blush] :blink: .................

• 6 years later...

Remember, try different variations on the towel technique....ie, with old t-shirts......It also may take time.....I had the same thread a while back.....

It finally worked for me......( God bless the collective smarts here !!!!!!!! )......As per knobs, as RaSTuS says, GFS ( and e-bay)....Also try

"Amplified Parts"......Knobs can be found through many web sites.....Keep in mind that knob 'holes' come in a variety of sizes.........

Do your research...........I now have many knobs that don't fit what I want them to..........[crying] :unsure: [scared][cursing]:rolleyes:[blush] :blink: .................

Just used this video and post to remove a volume knob from my Epi LP std. and it worked like a charm!!!! Thanks guys....

Archived