Gibson Brands Forums

Parting post....

Gilliangirl

I've been informed by someone on the forum that my posts have been inappropriate, have been like that for some time, and it has upset some of you. I assure all of you that was NEVER EVER my intention. My idle chit chat was, well, just that, idle chit chat, and never meant to be anything more than that. I was not aware that I was coming off in any other fashion. I apologize to those who were offended by my posts.

I feel like I should exit the forum, so I will. I will miss you all.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wha??? Say it ain't so Joe! What the heck did I miss? I've never seen you anything less than pleasant.

And I certainly never saw any post I would call inappropriate.

I thought I kept up with the board pretty well, but I might have missed something. That sucks.

I am sorry about that Karen, but if it's a must, then a short, ban perhaps?

(and I mean short moderators)

Karen, this is a joke, right? I read the forum every day and I'm usually worried that I'll say something to offend YOU! You are the voice of reason, the social worker, if you will, on this forum. Whoever said that is insane and needs to go talk to someone immediately about THEIR problem because it certainly can't be you. I'm completely perplexed by this and make absolutely no sense out of it. I do not accept your exit from this forum so you're staying, that's all there is to it!! Is Bruno back using another name or something? There was a poster a few days ago who had that Bruno troll-like edge that seemed to be looking for a fight. Nope, you NEED to stay and so does Magic, only the best SJ on the planet!!!

Terry

PS - I've NEVER read one thing that you've written that ever seemed remotely close to being inappropriate. Nope' date=' not ONE THING!!!!!!!!![/quote']

+1000 on what everyone else says GG!!! You can't go. Most of the guitar forums are very male dominated and it is refreshing and necessary that we have your point of view on things. I too must have missed something which is unlikely as I am on here daily and when I see your name on a post, I always go to read it as I think you are a breath of fresh air that we all need!

Whoever PM'd you.... get a life! :D

That is total crap - there is always someone here whining at you over something you say - you have people doing it to you - I have people doing it to me. So what!

My .02 worth is this: Write back to them and tell them thanks for the feedback, and if you feel you need further feedback you will contact them with a request.

If they write you again: Tell them you grew up in a gang and you have a friend in their area who just got out of prison and is looking for a 'job'

If they write a third time: Tell them you never liked them and you only humoured them with discourse and discussion because you were screwing their mom/dad/sister/wife/brother or whoever you fancy.

But whatever happens, never never never leave this forum until you personally decide you no longer have anything to offer it.

If I responded to critics I would have left a long time ago. Look at the recent abuse started by jannusguy that you even participated in slagging me for my position on Bob Colosi Snake Oil that you prefer to call bridge pins - sucker !!!

Here, have a grain of salt. Drama is for Shakespeare. Gibsons aren't made for quitters. If you want to quit, I demand that you trade your Gibson in for a sissy Taylor.

Times 10 what everyone else has said. I have never read anything by you that even remotely could be construed as innapropriate! This must be a joke or a grave error!....I am flabbergasted and I am sure we ALL support you in staying. You were on here longer that me and a lot of people and a "central player" in this...my FAVORITE FORUM. I may not contribute much...But I do enjoy my AM and PM checking of the latest post'. Again, I am stunned! RRod

Somebody is winding you up - I have never read anything by you that was in any way offensive, inappropriate or even unpleasant. Sounds utterly and completely ricikydiculous to me.

Please do NOT go away - cripes, there is way more 'bannable' content on here than anything you have ever posted. I know this - I just read through a shed load of your posts (and quite amusing they were too.....). So hang around a while at least and lets see if we can find out what is going down.

First - exactly what are you being accused of, second - by whom?

Sounds like bullying by another name..... name names, let them say it in public if they think they can substantiate it, and let us all see if we feel you have upset us. Personally - not a chance.

Chin up, girl, chin up.....

GG!! Noooo! Don't be run out of town by someone trying to cause trouble. In my two+ years on this forum I have never once read any post by your good self that I have found offensive in any way! You are a nice, friendly, diligent and kind member of this community and I for one would be very sad to see you stop posting.

Be strong, GG! I shall soundcheck at my band's show tomorrow night with 'This Land Is Your Land' as a protest against your plight!

Someone is playing games with you. Just respond to the chatrat and tell them you have no time for it. Please don't be intimidated by anyone anonymously insulting or berating you. Recognize it for what it is and keep on posting. I've only been here for a short time, but I've never seen an inappropriate post by you, or anything out of line. Don't let one idiot's opinion run you off, girl. That would be a travesty...

Karen....there is an old Indian saying...."Let barking dogs bark." Let them bark all they want.....I would rather listen to your posts than the petty complaints of the barking dogs.....You stay, Karen...you are well loved here......It's nice to have a feminine perspective in here.....

If I responded to critics I would have left a long time ago. Look at the recent abuse started by jannusguy that you even participated in slagging me for my position on Bob Colosi Snake Oil that you prefer to call bridge pins - sucker !!!

Here' date=' have a grain of salt. Drama is for Shakespeare. Gibsons aren't made for quitters. If you want to quit, I demand that you trade your Gibson in for a sissy Taylor.[/quote']

Hey.... I resent that and it is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE!!! I love both my Bob Colosi pins in my Advance Jumbo AND my Taylor which was my first guitar love.... (as you might have guessed from my moniker.)

I will forgive you as this is off topic and not relevant to the current discussion. Feel free to PM me and let me know if this is inappropriate too. :)

By the way Ballcorner... you are more than entitled to your opinion and I hold no grudges. (yet...... But I am watching you though!)

fart.jpg

OK... now back to the discussion at hand....

GG PLEASE STAY!!!!! (Ballcorner can leave though) Just kidding BC! I realize you must have been too drunk tonight to say that about Taylor's. :)

Well said, Wiley. It seems wherever you go - forum, newsgroup, chatroom, etc - on the net, there will always be someone who is miserable with theirselves and thrive on the anonymity of the net to bolster their lack of self-esteem and just live to create animosity behind a false bravado and a clever nickname. Always a rotten apple in the bunch. I treat them all the same - one reply that you have no time for their petty bull$*#&, then ignore them and simply consider the source and fuggitaboutem. They are not worth the angst. This is a great forum, full of great folks and great information, and it would be a pity for someone like that to discourage Gilliangirl to leave this forum. I hope she reads these posts, and the poll, and changes her mind.

Ignore the losers, they're not worth your time:)

just look at the list of supporters you have. you are mature and level-headed. as a result, you police your own comments and know they are appropriate as you write them. it is obvious someone is being a troublemaker just for its own sake. it is your decision, either way but i feel you must stay because.......

1016848167_l.gif

Archived