Gibson Brands Forums

AJ Madagascar/Adirondack Supreme

suburude63

Well I have not played 5000 songs on it yet Gillian Girl but its an incredible guitar! I did a side by side with another standard AJ and there was a marked difference in sound. The Mada's sound was darker and sweeter! deeper! I have had a martin d28 Marquis and sold it. This AJS puts it to shame! Lots of sweet complicated tone! Its sustain last for an hour :-) Its got more volume than the stabard AJ also.

Its a keeper!!

The standard AJ is great sounding but different! more Jangly .

Also the smell of the rosewood from it is amazing!

The action is a little high for me but that will be taken care off this week.

This custom shop AJ is beautiful to look at let me tell you!

I will post some new pics this week.

ps Gillian Girl! 1st song dedicated to you on it was "Lay me down a Pallet on your floor"

suburude

Suburude63

I've got the AJ mada/addi and the AJ Cocobolo.. I find the Mada very boomy and the Coco much crisper and punchier. Both guitars bottom-end sound chocked. I sent the Coco to be set up and when I got it back it was a totally different guitar what a sound, the bottom end much cleaner and clearer..SO I immediately sent the Mada in for service can’t wait the see what it sounds like after being setup properly

Suburude63

I've got the AJ mada/addi and the AJ Cocobolo.. I find the Mada very boomy and the Coco much crisper and punchier. Both guitars bottom-end sound chocked. I sent the Coco to be set up and when I got it back it was a totally different guitar what a sound' date=' the bottom end much cleaner and clearer..SO I immediately sent the Mada in for service can’t wait the see what it sounds like after being setup properly[/quote']

Can you post a picture of the Coco? Would love to see that one. Do you think it's closer to maple in sound quality?

Archived