Gibson Brands Forums: Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ-1A - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ-1A

#1 User is offline   archetypeaudio 

• Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Found a Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ-1A in my basement. Trying to figure out if this is a legitimate original. I noticed most of the pictures I have come across come from Kalamazoo Michigan, however the one I found is from Nashville, Tennessee. Otherwise everything looks legitimate. Can anyone tell me if I have stumbled across a vintage rock classic?
Thanks

#2 User is offline   Grog 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

About 10 years ago, Gibson reissued the Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ1-A. The reissues all say Nashville Tenn on them instead of Kalamazoo Mich. If I recall correctly, they came across a pile of transistors used in the original & built a limited number of these in China using up the supply of tansistors on hand. Everything, including the orange box was designed after the original. The other difference, the original had a grey chord, with a molded 90 deg 1/4 guitar jack attatched, the reissue had a 1/4 jack to plug a guitar chord into.

http://www.harmonyce...zztone-reissued

#3 User is offline   archetypeaudio 

• Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostGrog, on 02 January 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

About 10 years ago, Gibson reissued the Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ1-A. The reissues all say Nashville Tenn on them instead of Kalamazoo Mich. If I recall correctly, they came across a pile of transistors used in the original & built a limited number of these in China using up the supply of tansistors on hand. Everything, including the orange box was designed after the original. The other difference, the original had a grey chord, with a molded 90 deg 1/4 guitar jack attatched, the reissue had a 1/4 jack to plug a guitar chord into.

http://www.harmonyce...zztone-reissued

Thanks for the information.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users