Gibson Brands Forums

It's a beautiful day on the West coast of Fla.

jannusguy

it really is. 70 degrees, windows open, laundry done, pot roast in the oven, no work until friday, hour on the dock with a gibson coming up shortly, nice pinot noir at hand, mozart and george jones on the Itunes, barack ahead in the polls, rays gonna beat philly tonight. a lot to be thankful for folks. happy sunday and my best to you all.

ivingroomview-1.jpg

Great day Jannusguy! It's actually 72 degrees here in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. Bright sunshine and all the leaves are turning colors as it's into the 30's at night. It's 2:30 pdt and maybe time to pop a cool one and grab a pick! Enjoy!!

Here in Minneapolis' date=' we just had our first snowfall. Thank God it is above freezing so it just melted as it hit, but the 40 to 60 mile winds are a pain today... I miss summer already.

Enjoy the dock... I will be playing inside for the next several months. [-( [/quote']

The exact same story here... maybe a little bit colder [-(

We actually got a few inches of snow last week but it was gone in a day. Yesterday we got 2 inches of rain and part of my beaver pond blew out. There was a section about 10-15 feet wide gone and they had lost about 2 feet of depth. I walked down there at 6:30 this morning and they were swimming around, no doubt planning the reconstruction.

+1

JG' date=' are you accepting refugees?[/quote']

we can swap residences for a week. you come for the sun, i'll go for the snow. i actually like snow. probably because i don't have to shovel it. you're near detroit, right? i've heard such great things about detroit. i caught a cold in their airport on my way to toronto years ago. but, i digress.

or maybe.. snowbound forum members consider a mid-winter mini "homecoming" ( sorry mike, i don't mean to purloin that moniker) in fla. it wouldn't be the same as bozeman as there's no gibson factory but, we could all go look at the AJ that's been hanging on the wall at GC for two years! how could you resist?

a weekend in fla., in jan. or feb., nice little mom/pop hotel on the water. stone crab, 60 degrees, sun, guitars. "get yer gibson a tan!"

i've been in the catnip, but hey, consider this the spilled milk on the porch.

i've got leo kottke booked into a little theatre here on feb. 20. that might be a good time.

or maybe.. snowbound forum members consider a mid-winter mini "homecoming" ( sorry mike' date=' i don't mean to purloin that moniker) in fla. it wouldn't be the same as bozeman as there's no gibson factory but, we could all go look at the AJ that's been hanging on the wall at GC for two years! how could you resist?

quote']

We've actually considered doing that, but the main appeal of Bozeman is the Gibson facility, Music Villa, and the participation of all of their good people.

i've got leo kottke booked into a little theatre here on feb. 20. that might be a good time.

What fun that would be... I have seen Leo live quite a few times over the years since he is a local guy here in Minneapolis.

Funny story, I am a real estate appraiser her in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and own my appraisal firm. One day I got a call once from a woman asking if I knew a particular neighborhood well. I mentioned how I knew it and that one of my favorite guitar players actually lived in that neighborhood... Leo. She said, Well this is Leo's house. I told her I was a huge fan of his music and she immediately said, "Well, we won't be needing you to do the appraisal!" then and hung up on me..... Not sure, but I think it was his (ex) wife and she certainly didn't want a Leo fan appraising the residence to determine the value. I was bummed because I wanted to see his collection!!!

Archived