Gibson Brands Forums

fender "select" series?

S t e v e

Now that's a Strat I could go for...

comes in HSS too...

379952_319255251442524_119939511374100_1019003_1423259581_n.jpg

Fender Select Stratocaster HSS

The Fender Select Stratocaster HSS takes the refined elegance of its triple-single-coil brother and amps it up through the roof with the extra power of a humbucking bridge pickup. Features include a striking Antique Burst gloss-lacquer finish on a sleek flame maple-top body. Its modern "C" shaped birdseye maple neck has a comfortable contoured heel, Bi-Flex truss rod system for rock-solid stability, a satin lacquer finish and rear-headstock "Fender Select" medallion. The smooth-playing compound radius rosewood fretboard (9.5"-14") has 22 medium jumbo frets and stylish white pearloid position inlays. Full-throated sound roars from the Fender Select Stratocaster humbucking bridge pickup, with singing tone from new Fender Select Stratocaster single-coil neck and middle pickups-all combined with five-way switching and a no-load tone control that delivers the natural uncolored sound of the humbucking bridge pickup when dimed.

yeah they are calling them

"select guitars for select players"

aka.. do you have some giant ape nuts you need to swing around. buy one of these.

im a fan of fender. hell.. i will say i love some tones i get from my fenders.. but this whole maple top thing is stupid.

Godin for example has a Godin Signature series with a AA Graded Canadian Maple top. they are beautiful and figured like crazy, they retail for about 1000...

i would bet that the top on these fenders is par with the godins but 4 times the price.

i guess im just not a "select" PAYER

I'm the only one that thinks they are ugly huh? Well, thats normal. :)

Let's see...Bright and colorful stains that accent the grain in these beautiful pieces of Maple on classic and beloved body styles. I think you can expect to be in the minority here. :rolleyes:

Personally, they make me feel the need for a Fourth Strat.

I love the tele in the middle picture in the OP. No idea what the price is, but something tells me I could probably get something like it cheaper from Warmoth or what not, and that'd be good enough for me.

Let's see...Bright and colorful stains that accent the grain in these beautiful pieces of Maple on classic and beloved body styles. I think you can expect to be in the minority here. :rolleyes:

agreed.

Thats more than accenting the grain. I like seeing the grain but i don't want my guitar to look like a satin sheet. Its just too gaudy for me. I KNOW i'm in the minority here...guitar players like gaudy. :)

Give me Flight959's LP any day over something like this...

Archived