Gibson Brands Forums

Idea for a new Gibson acoustic

ksdaddy

Over the last 10 years there seems to be a disproportionate number of blueburst guitars coming out of Nashville, so why not Bozeman?

How about a Hummingbird style in blueburst and they call it the Bluebird? And as long as I'm fantasizing, they could stain the wood a silvery-gray translucent prior to sunbursting the dark blue.

I dig birds and flowers on my guitars.

I have to say I am a traditionalist both with models and with finishes. I love the dark bursts on Gibson acoustics and the cherry burst on a Hummingbird.

I love blue and I have two blue acoustics. But a blue Gibson? Hmm . . I have to think about that one.

But for a brand new acoustic I would love to see an OM body Gibson because I think the Boyz of Bozeman could make a real great one.

I had my eye on that Silverburst Humming bird at homecoming this year. That was of course until I got my hands on my J-45TV.

Why don't they call the black Hummingbird a Blackbird insted of a Hummingbird in antique ebony?

I played the same one and it was a great sounding guitar. It's funny though how marketing fits in. Even though it was a great guitar, it would have been a tough sale for me because the colors really reminded me of the Oakland Riaders. Being a Denver fan, I'm not sure I could have handled looking at that guitar all of the time. On the other hand, if you're an Oakland fan, you'd probably love it. I'm sure others would have the same issues with a blue colored guitar. Maybe that's why the manufacturers don't vary the colors as much.

Being a Denver fan' date=' I'm not sure I could have handled looking at that guitar all of the time. [/quote']

You could try a blue one with orange and white stripes. =P~ Of course, with me being a Redskin's fan the burgandy and gold may not make a great looking Hummingbird either.

You could try a blue one with orange and white stripes. =P~ Of course' date=' with me being a Redskin's fan the burgandy and gold may not make a great looking Hummingbird either.[/quote']

I do have a custom Broncos logo truss rod cover, but that's about the closest thing I can get right now.

Bluebird, in the UK, means Donald Campbell, former world land and water speed record holder. Died in his attempt to break the world water speed record on Coniston Water, Lake District, in January 1967.

Bluebird is the name of his boat.

bluebird_250295.jpg

But I do agree, a blue version of a HB would be a great looking guitar.

I do have a custom Broncos logo truss rod cover' date=' but that's about the closest thing I can get right now.[/quote']

The Broncos do have a better emblem that the Redskins. I've often thought of getting a custom truss rod cover but aside from my initials I can't think of anything I'd want on it.

Do you have one on each guitar?

The Broncos do have a better emblem that the Redskins. I've often thought of getting a custom truss rod cover but aside from my initials I can't think of anything I'd want on it.

Do you have one on each guitar?

Yes, all of my Gibson acoustics have a truss rod cover. :-$

But, you're probably really asking if they all have custom ones? Most of them do. Each is a different design. I've left a couple of them original, though, like the one on my Legend.

someone here has a blue gospel if i'm not mistaken. looks good' date=' too.[/quote']

That would be me. Bought it from recording artist Matthew Sweet about a year ago. Great guitar, like a long scale Bird.

Here's a pic of Mr. Sweet with it:

1l.jpg

That would be me. Bought it from recording artist Matthew Sweet about a year ago. Great guitar' date=' like a long scale Bird.

Here's a pic of Mr. Sweet with it:

[img']http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/nid99/1l.jpg[/img]

wow, how cool is that! i'm a fan of his and i think he deserves more recognition than he gets. i did a show with him about 7 years ago and only managed to get a couple hundred folks out to see him. disappointing but we all had fun. enjoy the guitar!

I guess I'm a dinosaur when it comes to the finishes I prefer on my gits. Always loved the rich wood-grain, both natural and vintage 'burst. Just love the look of nice wood for some reason. The only alternative I prefer is black, of which I only have one guitar with an ebony finish. But, blue, red, pink, or whatever, I am not a fan of. I think it's a crime to cover up the nice look of natural wood. I guess that may seem pretty boring to some, but I reckon it's what makes ya happy.

I guess I'm a dinosaur when it comes to the finishes I prefer on my gits. Always loved the rich wood-grain' date=' both natural and vintage 'burst. Just love the look of nice wood for some reason. The only alternative I prefer is black, of which I only have one guitar with an ebony finish. But, blue, red, pink, or whatever, I am not a fan of. I think it's a crime to cover up the nice look of natural wood. I guess that may seem pretty boring to some, but I reckon it's what makes ya happy. [/quote']

They'll 'Pink Up' anything they want the girls to take an interest in. Worst being the 'Hello Kitty' strat. Just this past weekend.. I saw, for the first time a pink BB gun. :-k

They'll 'Pink Up' anything they want the girls to take an interest in. Worst being the 'Hello Kitty' strat. Just this past weekend.. I saw' date=' for the first time a pink BB gun. :-k [/quote']

That's very true, but I think it works both ways. My daughter has seen the pink guitars and wants nothing to do with it, just because it is pink. I think they really take a gamble either way when they decide to make anything which is out of the ordinary.

Archived