Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 1sr Run Limited Edition (silver burst on blue)

Homz

Mint Gibson 1st Run Limited Edition Robot Guitar. Serial Number RG 17xx of only 4000. This Silver Burst (silver on blue) paint job will never be used by Gibson again. All Gibson new guitar stuff is still in the special silver hard shell case.

I have installed Dunlop strap locks, but the originals are in the case.

This guitar actually tunes its self. Tiny computer controlled servos whiz away to many alternate tunings.

If interested please call: 765-425-6392 Leave a message I will call you back. You can try to e-mail me, but my spam software tends to delete more then it should.

homz40@yahoo.com

$2700

so why are you selling your Robot LP, man? what was wrong with it in the first place?

also on the price...

I understand that the limited edition Robots were expensive, but when you can buy a new Robot SG studio for $1400, I don't think many people are going to bite for your guitar unless they're a collector. Just a tip.

No kidding. A new Robot LP is around $1' date='700...AND you get a warranty. So what if it's not blue/silver.

I feel sorry for people that bought that original Robot as an investment because Gibson ****ed all you guys over by releasing more of them.[/quote']

Everyone new that more Robots would be coming out Tim... Doesn't matter. The first addition limited addition was only $2100, which is what I paid. OK, your right I feel bad for the guys that paid 3, 5 or 7 grand on Ebay. The guitars may go up to that value one day as first additions of any guitar do appreciate more than other models... The other thing that you are over looking is the first addition Robot has an ebony fretboard, fully bound neck and headstock, special case...etc. All those extras make them collectible. You are going to see more and more Gibson guitars coming out as Robots. I'm sure you'll see a 12 string and acoustic models out soon as well.... But none of that takes away from the first addition Robot. Gibson never said they weren't ever going to release another Robot, just not another first addition with all the extras...

As much as I'd hate to disagree with you here Dave, I disagree.

The guitars may go up to that value one day as first additions of any guitar do appreciate more than other models...

Gibson Les Pauls were introduced in 1952. How much is a 1952 Les Paul worth now and how much is a 1958 or 1959 Les Paul worth now?

OK' date=' your right I feel bad for the guys that paid 3' date=' 5 or 7 grand on Ebay.[/quote'']

I don't. Truthfully, I hate these guys because they drive the cost up for everybody else.

The other thing that you are over looking is the first addition Robot has an ebony fretboard' date=' fully bound neck and headstock, special case...etc. All those extras make them collectible.[/quote']

See for yourself. http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/divisions/gibson%20usa/products/lespaul/robotlpstudioltd/

Those extras you mention have continued on and the only thing "exclusive" about yours is the silver/blue and the silver case. That is not enough to make those Robots appreciate, sorry to say.

...and as for collective purposes, what's more desireable here?

First edition Robot - 1 of 4,000 made.

Second edition Robot - 1 of 1,000 green or 1 of 1,000 purple.

In 20 years from now, a green one will be much harder to find, don't you agree?

For what the Robot is, I think ~$2,000 is a fair price. After all, you are getting a self tuning Gibson Les Paul, right? If Gibson only made those initial 4,000, then yeah...I could see their value skyrocket; but the truth is EVERYTHING Gibson does nowadays is collectible or it's a limited edition.

Take my R8, for example. It's a "limited edition" just like your Robot is. Part of the popular demand series. Is it worth more than a R8 that is not a "limited edition" colour? No, it's not. It's just a guitar with a different colour...like the initial Robots now are.

Archived