Gibson Brands Forums

1959 50 year Anniversary Les Paul

daveinspain

A dude on GT told me they were gonna totally overhaul it.

And after next year the entire historic line will be super badass.

I want an R7 black beauty......so.............bad

Yup.... Nice guitar' date=' I almost bought one this summer but I couldn't find a glossy one, I'm not big on the aged look... So I went with a new Black Custom instead... It's a heavy sucker but you gotta love it!!!!!

[img']http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/Daveinspain_PB/DSC02126.jpg[/img]

Dave I am so f-ing jealous of you....

I seem to remember you posting about how you came to find that guitar' date=' you tried out R7s?

Why did you go with the custom as opposed to the reissue?

besides the shine that is...[/quote']

Actually I was looking for a 57 reissue but no one had one... My guy at Guitar Center told me could be a couple of months before they come in and I was only gonna be in Boston for two and a half weeks. I went everywhere looking for one. Then GC called me because a black custom just came in. I when to see and play it and it was the one!! After buying the Custom I get a call from a friend who found me a 57 reissue, but an aged one. I figured I had time to return the Custom if I really liked the 57 but after driving 45 minutes to a small shop and seeing and playing the guitar I decided I was happy with what I had.... I'll age it myself or maybe it will age me...

A dude on GT told me they were gonna totally overhaul it.

And after next year the entire historic line will be super badass.

I want an R7 black beauty......so.............bad

they say that every year. gibson would never make an accurate Historic, even if there was plenty of braz.

I am also totally stoked for the 2009 R9s.... after all those pics of Tim's RIs and GuitarJunkie's Canadian R8, I've got major GAS. As soon as I pay off my LP I'm getting a 62 Strat and then it's on to an R9. Can't wait! (I just hope they don't change them too drastically... I like the R9s how they are...)

I was told that they would be overhauled next year...and that was from a Gibson rep to my sales guy to me...not something I read online. I'm definitely not buying one for two reasons:

1. I'm not allowed. :-s

2. If Gibson does in fact change them for 2009, I thought about it and I'm not paying an extra 50% to have a 9 9XXX serial number when those changes will continue into the following years and onto every reissue Les Paul. 2010 prices will be more in line with today's prices...so, I'm told.

Archived