Gibson Brands Forums

How to install MiniHumbuckers?

JohnnyCrash

I'm putting a minihumbucker in the P-90 soapbar route on my '01 Les Paul Junior Lite's neck spot.

Just got the Gibson minihumbucker pickup in the mail, but it does not have instructions OR a mounting bracket.

Does anyone know where I can find a mounting bracket? I've looked everywhere I usually buy parts, as well as online Gibson retailers.

I believe the mounting bracket screws directly into the body and the mini's height adjustment screws go into the mounting bracket.

The Gibson mini-humbucker was developed to fit in the P-90 route with it's mounting ring. This is how and why the Les Paul Deluxe was born around 1970.

It might help to know that your looking for Les Paul Deluxe pickup mounting rings.

The Gibson mini-humbucker was developed to fit in the P-90 route with it's mounting ring. This is how and why the Les Paul Deluxe was born around 1970.

It might help to know that your looking for Les Paul Deluxe pickup mounting rings.

I know. It fits directly in a P-90 pickup route. I understand how and why the Deluxe was born (P-90 covers were cut to fit previous P-90 routed guitars).

The minihumbucker itself comes with the creme plastic mounting ring... I need the bracket that sits under that. The mounting ring's height adjustment screws do NOT fit into any mounting in a nekkid P-90 route. From my understanding I need a mounting BRACKET - I already have the mounting ring.

• 2 weeks later...

hey JohnnyCrash,

please look at my Topic ( Mini-Humbucker`s ). I`ll hope that is the right Answer of your Ouestion " How to install Gibson Mini-Humbuckers". There are some Pic`s from Mountingbrackets (do it by yourself).

best regards from Germany, Arno (Goldtop`70)

Archived