Gibson Brands Forums

-Battle of the Telecasters- (Round 1)

Wolff

Presenting Round 1 of the Battle of The Telecasters.

The winner will face :oilpit: for round 2. By the time we're done, Tim/R9 is going to be so jealous he is going to have to go out and buy a Tele for himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thundergod's 60th Anniversary American Ash Telecaster

DSC01847.jpg

DSC01861.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01846.jpg

DSC01854.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

DSC01860.jpg

DSC01830.jpg

DSC01839.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

DSC01832.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolff' date=' in all fairness you should remove the features of your guitar underneath those photos.[/quote']

Why? TG is allowed to put in any description he wants too. The fact that mine is a Keef Tele is part of the appeal, no? I'm not trying to be a wise-*** just trying to figure out what you are getting at.

i have a blonde tele with a stacked humbucker (single coil sized) in the neck and i know how cool these things can sound > i have to go with wolfes on that note > although they both are really nice

i think ill have to put a full sized one on now hahahaha

Again, TG can add whatever description he wants. What he sent me along with the photo links is : '60th Anniversary American Ash Telecaster' which is exactly what I wrote in the poll title. I'll get rid of my specs if ppl think it's unfair somehow. :)

I dont really mind... almost same specs, but made in the USA and no humbucker... pure tele tone.

I knew Wolff's would winn but the current rate is ridiculous...

So, if I loose with a huge difference in votes... does it make me an honorary Canadian member of the forum? :)

I just voted for the American Tele with single coils. Which is what a Tele is, ahem.....

As a Tele player for the last several years, '91 American triburst, I just came back home to Gibson with my new ES-339.

If you put a humbucker in a Tele, it's just not a Tele. You can chop up a Strat all you want, but a Tele is...... A Tele.

And I'm all for American made. If you're gonna import them, change the name..........

Murph.

Archived