Gibson Brands Forums

Help with value of possible purchase

69Nova

Hey guys I'm looking a a few different guitars and need some help.

First guitar is a Gibson ES 333. My local guitar center has a used one priced at $1700.

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/details.cfm?listId=104873778

What would a good fair price be for a guitar like this if in the "stellar" condition they say it's in? I'm not sure what year it is and I do have the guy sending me some good detailed pics of it.

Second is a BB King guitar. It's priced at $2,500 and the shop about a hour and a half from me.

http://www.gbase.com/Powered/GearDetails.aspx?Dealer=72611437-164d-4d5e-a461-c9099438a0b5&Item=1917312

I also emailed the shop about some more info and hopefully a few pics of this one too.

I'm just looking for some good info so I can hopefully strike a nice fair deal. Thanks guys.

$1700 is a fair price for an ES if it's in 'stellar' condition as they say it is, they typically sell for around $2500 - $3000 new. as for BB king, no idea. I would however strongly recommend playing both first before you buy one. You don't want to get a guitar in the mail after having seen pictures of it and then find out it plays like s***.

$1700 is a fair price for an ES if it's in 'stellar' condition as they say it is' date=' they typically sell for around $2500 - $3000 new. as for BB king, no idea. I would however strongly recommend playing both first before you buy one. You don't want to get a guitar in the mail after having seen pictures of it and then find out it plays like s***.[/quote']

+1

Ok, its good to no that the ES is a fair(if it's in the conditioned as advertised). I'm sure I can beat them down some too.

I'm still very curious if anyone has a opinion on the BB King price. Right now I think I'm leaning towards it more if the price is fair. I'm sure he would take a little less but not a ton. I have got to play a 91 that was kinda beat up and was in love with it except for the fact the finish was not the greatest.

I will defintly play either guitar before I shell out money for either. The ES is only a half hour away and the BB King is about one and a half hours away. I would just like to be very well informed before I make the longer drive to see the BB King.

Archived