Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Greta 2w tabletop amp

Riffster

• 2 months later...

Greta is cute, but I'm way more interested in the Excelsior... 13 watts, 15 inch speaker. Wondering if it would handle an open mic Blues jam in a smaller club?

Musician's Friend also has the Excelsior in stock(accordion not included).

Fender-Excelsior.jpg

ExcelsiorMidivoxlight.jpg

Excelsior-1.jpg

1330514994_73-1.jpg

l.jpg

Musician's Friend also has the Excelsior in stock(accordion not included).

Fender-Excelsior.jpg

ExcelsiorMidivoxlight.jpg

Excelsior-1.jpg

1330514994_73-1.jpg

l.jpg

Hmm, must've sold them all (or not updated the site). I was just there after seeing they had Greta in stock, it said they expected the Excelsior in on the 20th, offering to reserve it... not working at the moment, waiting for my tax refund, which will partially be used to fund new Strat I'm gassing for, and maybe a Blues Jr. The Excelsior is really affordable though, as soon as I get back to work, I imagine I'll be ordering one as long as I don't start to hear bad stuff about it. Really liked that demo that uses the pawn shop.

Hmm, must've sold them all (or not updated the site). I was just there after seeing they had Greta in stock, it said they expected the Excelsior in on the 20th, offering to reserve it... not working at the moment, waiting for my tax refund, which will partially be used to fund new Strat I'm gassing for, and maybe a Blues Jr. The Excelsior is really affordable though, as soon as I get back to work, I imagine I'll be ordering one as long as I don't start to hear bad stuff about it. Really liked that demo that uses the pawn shop.

They must have sold out the Excelsiors they had in stock. I know they had them yesterday because my friend bought one.I'm sure they will get more soon

They are both pretty attractive amps and certainly have unique styling.The Greta looks very much like a 40s radio whereas the Excelsior has a real Art-Deco look about it.It wouldn't look at all out of place in an upscale supper club with an old Epi or Gibson jazz box plugged into it and at 13 W it should have loads of volume for such a venue.I am really getting a bad case of perpetual GAS these days as there is so much great gear coming at me from all sides.I can't wait for the old mitts to get better so that I can get gigging again and be able to have my GAS appetite sated somewhat.

They sure sound very good although I think they're somewhat of a gimmick. The Greta looks like a mini version of the Time Machine props Rush had onstage on their Time Machine tour....

I'm not about small amps, friendly volume levels, and portability. I'm about 50 to 100 watt heads, closed back 4x12s, tearing paint off of walls and pissing off the sound guy. Oh, and I have a great disdain for monitors....

They sure sound very good although I think they're somewhat of a gimmick. The Greta looks like a mini version of the Time Machine props Rush had onstage on their Time Machine tour....

I'm not about small amps, friendly volume levels, and portability. I'm about 50 to 100 watt heads, closed back 4x12s, tearing paint off of walls and pissing off the sound guy. Oh, and I have a great disdain for monitors....

You play at stadiums?

You play at stadiums?

Yeah, my band sold out Budokan three nights in a row....[biggrin][biggrin]

But seriously, great heavy rock tone doesn't come from tiny *** combos with an overdrive in front. It comes from a 100 watt head and a 4x12. Ask anyone who knows how to rock the way I like it to be done. Ask Duane.

Yeah, my band sold out Budokan three nights in a row....[biggrin][biggrin]

But seriously, great heavy rock tone doesn't come from tiny *** combos with an overdrive in front. It comes from a 100 watt head and a 4x12. Ask anyone who knows how to rock the way I like it to be done. Ask Duane.

Not really, some combos get great tone, you'll be suprised what fools people sometimes.

Not really, some combos get great tone, you'll be suprised what fools people sometimes.

I'm sure they do, but I like the headroom and punch of higher wattage amps. And I just happen to prefer the thump, punch, and chunk of a 4x12.

Greta is cute, but I'm way more interested in the Excelsior... 13 watts, 15 inch speaker. Wondering if it would handle an open mic Blues jam in a smaller club?

Im with you T-Bone. I've actually placed a pre order on the Excelsior. It sounds great on video, but I really made my decision by my friend's evaluation on it as he first handedly demoed it at the NAMM 12'. He also is getting one also.

Archived