Gibson Brands Forums

Mid Term paper.... warning REALLY long post

:oilpit:

I go to catholic school, so I am obligated to take a religion class. This particular one is called "moral descision making".

Mid terms are on friday and for this class we have to write a paper, I just finished mine, I thought it was pretty funny, I'm hoping that my teacher will understand my special breed of humor.

Tell me what you think, keep in mind it if for school, but if you think it sucks, be brutal, I can take it

A. What kind of person are you?

I can answer this question from three perspectives, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Physically, I am a 16 year old boy, who has really big feet; it doesn’t go much deeper than that. Emotionally I am happy, when I’m not doing homework I am playing guitar, and when I’m not playing guitar I’m sleeping, or eating, or I don’t have access to a guitar…you get the idea. Spiritually, I think I am a pretty good person, I hope. I am a pretty standard teenager, I’m not curing cancer, but I try to be as good as I can. I think my biggest contribution, is that I take care of my 91 year old grandmother, pretty much full time. I even live with her (next door to my house). Cooking, dishes, overseeing pill-taking and grocery shopping are my main tasks, I don’t really think it’s that big of a deal, but people are always impressed with it.

The moral values that are most important to me are honesty, kindness and loyalty. I think these are pretty generic, but at the same time very important. Honesty: you can’t really know a person unless you can trust them, if someone isn’t truthful all the time; chances are they aren’t truthful most of the time. Kindness: Kindness is at the core, the most important trait to have; it is the most basic part of being a morally centered person. Loyalty: Dogs are loyal and who doesn’t love dogs?

B. In what ways were your moral values influenced by one of the following sources?

I think that I have gotten most of my moral influence from my parents. As a child they are really the only place you get morality, from what you are told. That is how it has worked with me; I have been raised in a Christian family, with very involved parents. I really haven’t gotten any morality from anywhere else. The only other place I may have picked up some values are my friends and most of my friends have had the same type of upbringing as I have. I keep hearing that playing violent video games or watching movies or TV that is “offensive” or “vulgar” (I am a rabid South Park fan) will make start wanting to eat kittens and punch babies, and maybe I am blinded my the evils of media, but as far as I am concerned I turn to them for entertainment, not spiritual guidance.

C. How do you stay true to your moral values?

I think that the best way to stay true to your values is simply to know in your head what is good and what is bad. As long as you can make that distinction (and make decisions based on those values) you will be morally good. Obviously you will make some decisions that aren’t perfect but it is an excellent start. There will always be people or things that will sway you one way or another when it comes to morality, whether they be friends or television or some other third party. The trick is to identify what they are and try to either stay away from them, or not emulate them. Like everyone I have experienced these type of things (as stated above I love South Park) but I try and know what’s what and only be influenced by the good what.

D. Conclude with the thought “At the end of my life I want people to think”

At the end of my life, I want people who know and love me to be able to think of me in the following way, he was a good guy, he made mistakes from time to time but who doesn’t? I have been influenced in a positive way by Michal, and looking back I was glad he was in my life. And he was really good at guitar, and had really cool hair, and he did a really good job on his 10th grade religion mid-term.

If you are this far it means you read the whole paper, congrats, you just wasted a few minutes of your life.

O:)

Pretty good sir. I'd give you an A. It appears to be well thought out and logically presented, and your conclusions are not wacked.

Might want to proofread the last sentence in B....

and is your name really spelled Michal?

Otherwise, =D>O:)=D>

Nice job on the paper. Looks to be well thought out and logically presented. You deserve a good grade on it. Your teacher may or may not see it the same way, but some Catholic religion teachers can get overly opinionated, yuor ideas aren't exactly the same as theirs. (my daughter had a Catholic religion teacher like that) If that's the case, don't take it too hard........life can be like that. =D>O:)

man, that looks better then my history of jazz midterm paper, and im 4 years ahead of you. Your points are well thought out, your sentance structure, paragraph sctructure, and vocabulary are well presented, and you do a good job of seperating your opinions from fact

i have always been lucky, that i have had teachers who understand my special breed of humor, hopefully your teachers are the same way

There is not enough sex, drugs or rock and roll, otherwise damned fine on the morals and stuff.=P~

Yah got big feet, man - it's a gift. Stops you falling over and the ends of your legs from fraying.=P~

Get out more and enjoy it - you will be a long time dead.eusa_boohoo.gif

If they don't give you an A or A+ (or 90-95%), ask 'em what the foo you ARE supposed to do.....

Archived