Gibson Brands Forums

what pickups did Slash use in his AFD guitar?

FenderGuy1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, should i get rid of the pickups of my squier and put those in?

Doesnt mean your going to sound like slash.

Your going to need his amp, which i doubt you can afford and his fingers which i know you cant afford at all. Oh and hat.

Those pickups are just the run of the mill medium output Seymour pickups that just have Slash name on it.

Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Slash

Those arent the exact ones he used to record with, those are just modeled after the pickups on the AFD guitar.

Just like how Dodge re did the 1960's charger and how the new charger looks nothing like the old. [lol]

The guy asked what pickups were in the Slash Appetite for destruction guitar, not what he records with.

I have no clue about that.

I just simply answered the question is all.

If you want to put the pickups in a squier then go for it!

Slash stuff is really hard to play like all I know is the sweet child of mine intro lol -Jake

He did record with that guitar...

Those arent the exact ones he used to record with, those are just modeled after the pickups on the AFD guitar.

Just like how Dodge re did the 1960's charger and how the new charger looks nothing like the old. [lol]

True, but I am pretty sure the ones on the original guitar are Duncan Alnico Pro 2. I don't know if the "Slash" models are different or not.

He wouldn't be the only one. Those pups were quite popular at that time and before then. They are quite good.

True, but I am pretty sure the ones on the original guitar are Duncan Alnico Pro 2. I don't know if the "Slash" models are different or not.

He wouldn't be the only one. Those pups were quite popular at that time and before then. They are quite good.

Yeah they did have those pups, i belive the Slash sigs have a higher output.

Why do i even ******* know this? I dont even like Slash. [lol]

Once you find your style, you'll play well. Until then, nope. I want you to write a song. An original song. When writing it, have clear thoughts. Have no music on, or any stuck in your head. When you write it and can play it smoothly, find out who you sound like. There's your main influence on your style.

Yeah they did have those pups, i belive the Slash sigs have a higher output.

Why do i even ******* know this? I dont even like Slash. [lol]

Because you are a guitar freak. (Or guitarist).

It is a common trait to have loads of knowledge about guitars that often prove to be useless.

It is a common trait to have loads of knowledge about guitars that often prove to be useless.

True and i was right, the pickups are higher output to suit the needs of a Les Paul(BS). Though if you were looking for his tone all you need is the right Marshall, a Les Paul with the a pair Duncan Alnico Pro 2 from that era, strings he used and the hat.

I have a lot of trivial knowledge. Not very impressive, but it's something to believe in.

Cool beans...

You can do your research and find out what he played but your best bet is to find your sound...some people spend their lives finding their sound. GUitar shops are good for that....try a lot of different guitars and amps...pedals etc.

Then like someone else said...write a song and see how it needs to sound....build off it.

Once you find your style, you'll play well. Until then, nope. I want you to write a song. An original song. When writing it, have clear thoughts. Have no music on, or any stuck in your head. When you write it and can play it smoothly, find out who you sound like. There's your main influence on your style.

Thanks Buxom, i will try!

Cool beans...

You can do your research and find out what he played but your best bet is to find your sound...some people spend their lives finding their sound. GUitar shops are good for that....try a lot of different guitars and amps...pedals etc.

Then like someone else said...write a song and see how it needs to sound....build off it.

Dont be like Shred and cover Van Halen all day. Ok?

We can do all the research we want..buy all the guitars we want, amps/guitar stuff/pup/hats/boots...

....tubes/speakers/strings/expensive chords...read books...take lessens.

But the best way, and better than anything, the most VALUABLE and useful way?

practice.

Archived