Gibson Brands Forums

Orange Tiny Terror

Homz

Does anyone have any experience with the Orange "Tiny Terror" amp.? I don't know anyone who owns one but like the way they sound on various youtube videos. I also like the very simple controls. I like the classic British sound and try to keep things as simple as possible. I would rather concentrate on the guitar and keep the amp. adjustments to the bare minimum.

I have a Vox AC15 CC1 and a Line 6 Spider III 75W combo. I love both of them for different reasons. I suppose the reason I am considering the "Tiny Terror" is to back up the Vox in case of failure and because it's small and easy to move around.

For such a small amp. the "Tiny Terror" puts out a whole lot of sound (7W to 15W switchable). Or at least it seems to on youtube.

I would appreciate any first hand info.

thanks

Here are a couple of links to demo's of the Orange "Tiny Terror"

Hey man... surfpup has one (if I remember correctly) so he should be dropping by any minute now... he has only said good things of that amp in the past, so I guess it is great. I have played through one and I was very impressed by both the tone and loudness of those things. It is very easy to get a good tone with the little controls the amp has, I like that. The only drawback one could find in them is the little headroom they have, do not expect to go insanely loud while staying heavenly clean. For that, get an AC30.

One of my good friends owns one, and I really don't like it. I tried playing through it on my LP clean and the tone sound muddy and muffled. It's possible of course that it's just that one particular amp that's messed up... I'm not going to judge all of them because of that. And based on my experience with that amp... don't use the overdrive setting. Just don't.

That being said, go try one out for yourself if you can. The particular amp I tried sucks, but its' very possible it was just one QC issue. Whatever works for you, man.

Hey man... surfpup has one (if I remember correctly) so he should be dropping by any minute now... he has only said good things of that amp in the past' date=' so I guess it is great.[/quote']

Yeah, I like mine, Homz. I have the head and I play it through a 2-12 cabinet with a Celestion G12H30 and a Celestion Vintage 30. For the price and the portability it rocks. You didn't really mention the kind of sound you were looking for. It's pretty versatile, but I once it gets loud, it does not do clean tones very well. I have a vid I posted on YouTube over the summer for the other members of the forum who were interested in the Orange TT. If you wanna check it out it's

I sold my Tiny Terror a while ago now. Its an awsome little amp that you could easily gig with. Its VERY loud! My only complaint was it sounded a little bit tinny...No that much base. It also wasnt the sound I was looking for...

I suggest you try before you buy...Some amps sound different on youtube...

They now do a Combo version too!

Flight959

MARSHALL Vintage Modern....Now try one of them!! Wow!

Archived