Gibson Guitar Board: Cats or Dogs...Which Is It? - Gibson Guitar Board

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cats or Dogs...Which Is It? No sitting on the fence here!

#141 User is offline   davidl 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • LocationOttawa, Canada area

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

View PostDigger, on 03 April 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

Speaking of pets, here's my Jess getting lathered up and having a bath today...er minus the bath.

Posted Image

Your Jess is a great looking pup.
Reminds me very much of my old girl when she was a little heavier. She hated baths. She would have that same look "I'm tolerating this because it seems to bring you pleasure, but beware, you are about to get soaked too, hehe".

Dave
2010 Suhr Pro Series S3 custom shop Strat style (Mabel)
2011 Taylor 210CE 6 string acoustic (Ginger)
2010 Guild F212E 12 string acoustic (Pearl)
2010 Gibson ES-339 60/30 neck (JJ)
2008 Gibson 1960 Historic Re-issue(Les Paul bought new april 2010) (Ruby)
2008 Gibson Robot LP (Madison)
1978 MIJ LP copy (Amber)
1974 Giannini 6 string acoustic (Gina)
Marshall JMD 501
Crate V18

#142 User is offline   brianh 

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Have applied for a new stray adoption named "Wawa" and are scheduled to pick her up Saturday. Here's her bio:

Discovered rummaging through a dumpster for food one night, Wawa was rescued and was soon wolfing down two cats of Fancy Feast in her new foster home and purring up a storm. When you first see Wawa in action you realize she is no ordinary cat. WaWa resembles the Ocicat, a domestic breed which looks like a spotted wild cat, the Ocelot, but has no wild DNA. Wawa has a large, muscular body and extremely long curling tail of the Ocicat. She also exhibits all the alertness, confidence and self-assertiveness of that breed. Ocicats are considered to have the spirit of a dog in a cats body and Wawa certainly fills that bill. She is terrific with other cats but feels compelled to run the show at times. Whether being the center of attention, or just being her usual whirlwind self, she is a delight to watch. She will fetch objects and has trained herself to do tricks like jump on her fosters shoulder. Wawa is high energy and is not for someone wanting a couch potato cat. She would be best with a cat-saavy owner who will appreciate her outgoing nature.
Posted Image
Posted Image
FYI, Wawa is a chain of gas station/convenience stores in the Mid-Atlantic region, kind of like 7/11 or White Hen, but better. Not sure if we'll keep the name, but it's kind of catchy.
It's always interesting introducing a new cat into the household, I'll let you know how it goes assuming it's not like the "Pinky the Cat" video.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

#143 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah! When she can fill the wood box by carrying logs in her mouth from the wood heap I'll be impressed, until then it's dogs for me.

(Seriously, nice cat you got there Brian....just don't tell anyone I said that. Right?)

Dig

#144 User is offline   brianh 

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostDigger, on 04 April 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah! When she can fill the wood box by carrying logs in her mouth from the wood heap I'll be impressed, until then it's dogs for me.

I'll think of you when the neighbor mutt madly humps his owner's leg or barks insanely until it foams at the mouth at the kid with severe cerebral palsy that is pushed by our house each day. There's a "Pinky the Cat" in every breed...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

#145 User is offline   SlashPerryBurst 

• Thin Lizzy fan
  • LocationFrom Glasgow, Living in Tokyo

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

I hate dogs and they hate me. I don't know what it is, but dogs have always disliked me. Occasionally I'll come across a calm dog. When that happens, I like them. But most of the time they just want to try and bite me.

My wife loves cats. She had a few growing up and wants us to adopt a few. I don't mind them so much, so it looks like I'll be a cat owner soon.
Have cut back on my equipment do to circumstance. Just my #1 Gibson Les Paul Standard just now. No amps, no pedals.

#146 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostSlashPerryBurst, on 05 April 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

I hate dogs and they hate me. I don't know what it is, but dogs have always disliked me. Occasionally I'll come across a calm dog. When that happens, I like them. But most of the time they just want to try and bite me.

My wife loves cats. She had a few growing up and wants us to adopt a few. I don't mind them so much, so it looks like I'll be a cat owner soon.

Wonder why they hate you?

I have the opposite experience in that dogs seem to like me and I think they can sense that I like them too. Then again it may be something as simple as scent? I think they can smell fear and I know they will smell doggie smells on you if you have a dog.

First thing Jessie does when I get home is give me a good sniff to see if I have been unfaithful to her with another dog!

Come to think of it I think Gael works on that same principle????

Grin ~

#147 User is offline   SlashPerryBurst 

• Thin Lizzy fan
  • LocationFrom Glasgow, Living in Tokyo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

I had a fairly traumatic experience with a vicious little dog when I was about 3 or 4. I'd be fine in the same situation now, but I think It's made me fear all dogs. I remember a few years ago, I was with a friend and we bumped into his dog, who was very aggressive towards me. He thought it was funny and started encouraging the dog. I ended up telling him to control the thing. If he didn't, and the dog went to far, it was getting kicked.

I really despise cruelty towards animals. One of the very few dogs I am okay around is my friends dog Cassie. She was rescued from the side of the motorway(highway), tied to a fence with her legs broken. If every dog was as even tempered as little Cassie, I would be glad. However, I recently decided that if a dog goes to far with me, it will be hit. Not hard enough to injure it, but hard enough to let it know not to mess with me.

Another example was my other friends greyhound. I went over to their house and the thing just went for me. He put it away in the kitchen. Whenever I went near the kitchen door, the dog just ran into the door head first and fell over. Wait a few seconds and it would do it again. I really don't know what it is about dogs, but they just go for me.
Have cut back on my equipment do to circumstance. Just my #1 Gibson Les Paul Standard just now. No amps, no pedals.

#148 User is offline   gadunz 

• SUSPENDED
  • Locationdunedin, nz

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

The publican from 3 doors down
Posted Image
knows I have Chronic Fatigue & a Jack Russell, so from the social club's Easter bbq, he left a pig's intact spine & ribcage in a sack on my doorstep. Some dissembly required.
The already full freezer compartment in my fridge is 2' cubed, & I was completely unprepared for the "gift" so I threw it on the back lawn & let the dog & the flies battle it out.
If I had a Border Collie would he give me a steer's skeleton?
Posted Image

#149 User is offline   RaSTuS 

• Occasional Head Banger !!!
  • LocationMackay, Australia.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

View Postgadunz, on 08 April 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

knows I have Chronic Fatigue & a Jack Russell
+1 on the Jack Russell, bummer on the Chronic Fatigue.

Rastus, the dog (RIP).
Posted Image
Only the mediocre are always at their best.

GUITARS: ........... 60 odd lumps of Wood, Aluminium and Plastic with many and varied electric bits attached.
PEDALS: ............
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah, Crowther Double Hotcake, Digitech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive, Korg Pitch Black Tuner.
AMPS & CABS: .
Egnater Tweaker Head (15w), Roland CM-30 (30w), Line 6 Spider II (30w), Peavey TKO 115 (80W), Marshall MF Head (350w) Line 6 Quad Box (320w).

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#150 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

I can see the resemblance....I think it's the eyes?

#151 User is offline   pfox14 

• BANNED

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

Any breed of terriers are great. I have two Yorkie Poos. Super sweet dogs

#152 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

Yet another reason to prefer dogs!

http://www.abc.net.a...es-moss/3941910

#153 User is offline   RaSTuS 

• Occasional Head Banger !!!
  • LocationMackay, Australia.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:41 AM

View PostDigger, on 10 April 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

LOL, yeah I got an email earlier this arvo from the Cold Chisel site about that, apparently he was still (when the email was sent) in hospital on a drip.
Only the mediocre are always at their best.

GUITARS: ........... 60 odd lumps of Wood, Aluminium and Plastic with many and varied electric bits attached.
PEDALS: ............
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah, Crowther Double Hotcake, Digitech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive, Korg Pitch Black Tuner.
AMPS & CABS: .
Egnater Tweaker Head (15w), Roland CM-30 (30w), Line 6 Spider II (30w), Peavey TKO 115 (80W), Marshall MF Head (350w) Line 6 Quad Box (320w).

Some of my collection
A man of many faces !!!
Posted Image

#154 User is offline   gadunz 

• SUSPENDED
  • Locationdunedin, nz

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

Easter

Posted Image

#155 User is offline   Stevie Nazarenie 

• General God's body and gopher wood.
  • LocationNorthamptonshire

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Both!!! I wish I'd had a camera way back when. My little cat sat on the head of a great dane... who says they can't get along!

#156 User is offline   brianh 

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

View PostDigger, on 10 April 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

Let's see...

1) Must not have been Nashville Cats.

2) Cat Scratch Fever is a bytch

3) What's New Pussicat?

4) It's The Year Of The Cat.
-- Albert Einstein

#157 User is offline   gadunz 

• SUSPENDED
  • Locationdunedin, nz

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

View Postpfox14, on 09 April 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

Any breed of terriers are great.

Apart from pit bulls, bred for killing other dogs. I'm thinking of saving up for an Airedale, to join my diving knife, as part of the canine arms race, to counter the thug or fool-owned killer dogs in my neighbourhood.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users