Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson forums insanely slow?

Tim Plains

Yes

it's

real

slow.

hey Tim you beat me too it... I was just going to make a post about it too... Started being very slow for me last night, thats yesterday for you, was off line for a bit tooas well. I figured they were working on the website...

Hey Mike, you there? Whats up???

I think it started slowing down when all the noobies showed up. Now that just any-ol' body can post any ol' thing, it's no surprise we've achieved gridlock. Noobs should be required to make a minimum number of posts in Epi before they can come here.

=P~

Yes, starting Saturday... insanely slow.

I've seen other instances where users have had slow-downs that I didn't

experience, I deffo think this time, it's this site.

Also, the post times on this site are always inaccurate, or is that just me???

Unbearable... call me when it's over..

I think it started slowing down when all the noobies showed up. Now that just any-ol' body can post any ol' thing' date=' it's no surprise we've achieved gridlock. Noobs should be required to make a minimum number of posts in Epi before they can come here.

[-X [/quote']

From a member with 16 posts that joined on 10-28-2008 - LOL Gotta love it...

I thought the same... then I thought "he must be joking"... and till now I hope he was.[-X

He was.

I suppose it takes time to figure out each person's sense of humor. When I first decided to move from San Francisco to southern Oregon I was told that native Oregonians resented Californians. So, with the wisdom of a 28 year old, I came up here a few months before moving my family, bought some property and changed the license plates on my vehicles from Cal. to OR. so we wouldn't look like damn furriners when we arrived. :-$

In the first few days on our new, country property we were welcomed by each family from both sides of the road, from one end of the block to the other. The properties range in size from 10 to 40 acres so it wasn't more than a dozen or so homes/families on the block. Naturally, they were all curious about where we were from and we shared a laugh over my lame attempts to blend in with the natives. It turned out that all but one were former residents of California. [-X

Now, some 32 years later, I still get a kick out of joining in the blaming of all our local woes on "those damned Californians". And I suppose the only ones who understand the joke are those who know my history.

Archived