Gibson Brands Forums

FAKES!!! and they are selling them as made in the USA and made in China

Thundergod

I was looking for some pics of historic gibbies and came onto this site...

They actually have listings of "made in usa gibsons" (which are fakes too IMO) and "made in china" gibson... just filter by procedence and see...

here's the link... who do I have to contact at Gibson so that this site is taken down? (yeah right... like they will do something).

"MADE IN THE USA"

http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch/US-suppliers/gibson.html

"MADE IN CHINA"

http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch/CN-suppliers/gibson.html

Here you can chose the country of procedence in "manufacturing region"...

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?Type=&ssk=y&year=&month=&industry=&location=&keyword=&SearchText=gibson&Country=&srchLocation=&srchYearMonth=&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=0

take a look at this "FENDER BASS" (LMFAO!) and the other ZW signature... the busszaw... I thought only epi made those... there is a flying V with the gibson logo and diamond inlay in the headstock, just like a les paul... werent pling V and explorer logos writen so you can read when the guitar is in playing position?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/103567180/FENDER_BASS.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/103567144/GIBSON_LES_PAUL_GUITAR.html

Again... all those originate in Michigan...

And this is the suposedly corporation that runs the bussines in Michigan... http://www.alibaba.com/member/godoenterprises.html

Take a look at this one: the now classic fake' date=' the Sakk Wylde... it *** rosewood fretboard! and pasive EMG pickups... it says "Place of origin: United States Michigan"... so? can gibson do something if they are really selling them in Michigan?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/103577099/GIBSON_GUITAR.html[/quote']

You forgot to mention... "it plays like butter"

LOL

Flight959

Me too...

Hey flight, that ZW camo sig on ebay says it has emg hz pickups and says it like this: "Pickups: 2 EMG HZ H4 (UPGRADED ON THIS ONE)"

I have to answer... upgraded from what? (you know... it's like saying you are upgrading your guitars pups to "Duncan Designed" WTF!!??)

Me too...

Hey flight' date=' that ZW camo sig on ebay says it has emg hz pickups and says it like this: "Pickups: 2 EMG HZ H4 (UPGRADED ON THIS ONE)"

I have to answer... upgraded from what? (you know... it's like saying you are upgrading your guitars pups to "Duncan Designed" WTF!!??)[/quote']

I think when they say "on this one" they mean to say "on this fake piece of ****"

Flight959

You mean they make fake GIBSON'S =D>

Just kidding Thundergod - you get so fired up even your typing style changes. They sadly make fake everything now, the sad part is they are getting so much better at it. I'm sure honest buyers are getting ripped off now they used to be so bad that I really didn't feel sorry for any of the dweebs that thought they beat the system and got a gibson for 300 bucks. I've only seen two of these fakes so far one was so bad I thought it was funny that anyone would ever assume it was a Gibson and the idiot that bought it was raising hell because he had paid 325 dollars at a flea market and was pissed that he had not ripped somebody off for a 3000 reissue, I guess some sweet young thing had said it was her boyfriends and they had broken up so she was selling it. Sadly however the second was so close it was hard to tell without pulling the PU and checking the wiring which were horrible it was a e-bay from somebody with a lot of sales that sold it for 700.00 too cheap for a real Standard but enough that it caught a unknowing teen and stupid parents. I never heard what happened on that one but they were going to fill out a complaint hope it worked.

Hmm, I don't know if this is a case of "the older I get, the smarter I used to be" but I was never fooled by any fakes. Do people REALLY think that these are real? I've heard the arguments a zillion times, so you don't need to repeat them here to answer my rhetorical question. At this point I'm just perplexed. Dreamer wants Les Paul. He/she goes to store and plays one but sees it's $2,500, which is the same price on countless websites. He/she then sees it for an order of magnitude less and goes "I found the deal of the century?" C'mon, give me a break. Who is the bigger fool, the person selling or the person buying? Maybe there is some guitar "flipping" of fakes going here, but other than that I just don't get it.

Guys, anybody ever actually play one? I'm sure they play/sound like crap compared to a $2,000+ guitar, but what about compared to another guitar in the same price range. Those Payless fake Les Pauls sell for around $200, if I'm not mistaken. How does it compare to another $200 guitar?

Btw, I hate them too...I'm just curious.

You know what I hate most? Those a-holes that think they can get a gibson for 200 bucks... and I bet they are willing to say we are idiots for buying them at "street price"... I'm sick of this... and not jst because guitars... last month my fiance and I opened a restaurant... of course we had to make the investment on industrial freezers, industrial ovens and all kinds of industrial kitchen... all of which are prety expensive.

After we have bought everything an idiot guy we know says we got ripped of, and I am an idiot for buying at a store because he could have gotten us all those things for less than 2K... yeah right... he insists... so I ask him to show me where, he takes me there and the place was a sh!thole, in a very dangerous part of town... everything they had was chinese copies which even had the same brand as what we bought, but looked like stripped down versions of them (with the same model number...). No warranty of course. The a-hole bought some stuff, a week later it stopped working and he goes down there again to find they are not there anymore. Needless to say I was happily surprised :-s

Guys' date=' anybody ever actually play one? I'm sure they play/sound like crap compared to a $2,000+ guitar, but what about compared to another guitar in the same price range. Those Payless fake Les Pauls sell for around $200, if I'm not mistaken. How does it compare to another $200 guitar?

Btw, I hate them too...I'm just curious.[/quote']

That's an interesting question. Like I said in a previous post if I can secure one of these copies then I will put it through its paces to find out what its like before taking it to bits.. This is planned for the new year..

Flight959

Hmm' date=' I don't know if this is a case of "the older I get, the smarter I used to be" but I was never fooled by any fakes. Do people REALLY think that these are real? I've heard the arguments a zillion times, so you don't need to repeat them here to answer my rhetorical question. At this point I'm just perplexed. Dreamer wants Les Paul. He/she goes to store and plays one but sees it's $2,500, which is the same price on countless websites. He/she then sees it for an order of magnitude less and goes "I found the deal of the century?" C'mon, give me a break. Who is the bigger fool, the person selling or the person buying? Maybe there is some guitar "flipping" of fakes going here, but other than that I just don't get it.[/quote']

The age old adage: "If it is too good to be true - it probably is." If Joe/Jane Guitarbuyer want a Les Paul, they will pay Les Paul prices.

DOn't forget that great official sticker on the back access plate they all seem to have.

Like I said above I've only seen two and neither was horrid I would say both of the guitars looked and sounded like a Epiphone which is logical as that's what they basically were made like. the guitar was probably a fine 200-400 starter sadly the second one I saw the kid had paid sixteen hundred and change which is kinda steep for an entry level Epi with a Gibson logo. I agree though I'd love to really get a chanceto play one and really look at it without a screwed over victim standing three feet away and asking me about it. I often wonder why they don't just sell them under their own brand name and be happy selling cheap guitars cheap.

DOn't forget that great official sticker on the back access plate they all seem to have.

Oh' date=' and those stickers on the pickups!!! default_eusa_wall.gif

I often wonder why they don't just sell them under their own brand name and be happy selling cheap guitars cheap.

I have asked the same question here and in other forums... and no one comes forward with an explanation or idea...

I know a person here in Ecuador that does just that: he asks one of those factories to sell him guitars with his own brand, and he sells them here as entry level guitars (at 130 bucks each, guess he gets a very good price as he buys thousands a year). Put that way it is a very good idea... don't know why they dont do that... maybe they dont want to spend in things like marketing and sales dept.

Archived