Gibson Brands Forums

God Help Us All

TommyK

Well, I done my civic duty this morning. NOw nothing but work, guit tar pickin' and The Andy Griffith Show until bed time.

And, God and Amana willin' I'll have a new furnace by bed time. Then the saving begins again for the Hummingbird. Sigh.. ](*,)

Maybe people on both sides are believing the polls and don't think their one little vote matters. Of course' date=' if we're lucky, our political process will evolve to the point where we don't even need polls. Just let the media decide who should be Prez. [/quote']

Psssst. Don't tell the media. They already think they control the process.

My polling place was unusually busy this a.m. There's usually 2 people voting when I'm in there. By my count there were 4 people in booths and one checking in when I got there... that makes 6 including myself. If it weren't for the 8 election judges takin' all the close parking spaces I wouldn't have had to walk the whole half a block to the front door.

It's hard to trust the media on anything anymore. They tell you that they important breaking news and then spend the next half an hour showing Paris Hilton modeling her new shoe line.

Exactly why we should suspend 'Freedom of the press." :^o

I'm going to the polls with my 18 year old daughter. It's her first vote. We've discussed the Presidential election and I've given her my reasons for voting the way I plan to. I hope we won't cancel each other's votes out and I'm quite confident we won't but it's her choice. There are many other items on the ballot and to be completely honest, if I don't have a clear choice I just don't vote on some things. I don't see that as shirking my responsibility, I just want to make an informed decision.

Sadly I often vote against one person as opposed to voting FOR someone else.

"Sadly I often vote against one person as opposed to voting FOR someone else."

Yeah, me too, and I think that is because we hear candidate X tell us what is wrong with Y's view, rather than what is right with X's. It is so much easier to be against the one thing than to pick out the best course among many alternatives.

Honestly, I don't care who wins... although I would like to see the dead yellow dog elected. =D>

John McCain is incompetent and old and Sarah Palin is stupid.

Barack Obama will screw Canadians by getting rid of NAFTA and for all I know, Joe Biden could be the next Antichrist.

So I'll vote for both of 'em.

I did the early vote thing last friday in North Carolina. There was a steady trickle of voters. I noticed they were pretty busy this AM and afternoon also. I will try to 'tune out' the rest of the evening as I am SICK of it all. I will leave with these words of wisdom....'The screwin, you get- is the screwin' the majority votes for'!

Anyone remember...'Pat Paulsen for president' ??

Also, I don't think Sarah Palin is 'stupid'! She is 'hot' though! Nuff said. RRod

Archived