Gibson Brands Forums

Post your 1960's Gibsons!

JimR56

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's my 67 Barney Kessel. I just got it back from being refinished.

Very nice box. Love that cherry sunburst finish.

Does this one have the narrow fast neck? Has the tailpiece been changed ... thought there was BK engraved tailpiece on these models?

Very nice box. Love that cherry sunburst finish.

Does this one have the narrow fast neck? Has the tailpiece been changed ... thought there was BK engraved tailpiece on these models?

Thanks. Yes It has the infamous "pencil neck". 1 9/16 at the nut. But its actually quite comfortable. I have the Barney Kessel tailpiece badge. I'm just not real big on having other peoples names on my guitar.... its a great sounding guitar. Ridiculously fat and warm.

1963 Epiphone Texan FT-79.

Texan004.jpg

Regards

Flight959

Very, Very nice flight.

I so very nearly got your guitar,just before you (Long story), and was quite miffed when the deal fell through, but a month later I got this 62, and couldn`t be happier. [biggrin]

P1010788.jpg

P1010789.jpg

P1010786.jpg

P1010777.jpg

You just can`t beat that sprangy vintage Texan tone, and that low "E" is to die for. [biggrin]

Steve.

Hi there, rather new here, and i thought i could post my 65 es120t in a youtube movie.

My friend is playing the es120 in the vid, i play my godin 5th avenue and my friends son the bass.

I´m about to design my own scratchplate in leather and put a minihumbucker in there.

Hi there, rather new here, and i thought i could post my 65 es120t in a youtube movie.

My friend is playing the es120 in the vid, i play my godin 5th avenue and my friends son the bass.

I´m about to design my own scratchplate in leather and put a minihumbucker in there.

Before you modify your Gibson and affect its history and value, why not consider finding one of the hollowbody Epiphone models that featured a mini-humbucker, such as the Windsor, the Sorrento, the Caiola, or the Professional?

http://home.provide.net/~cfh/epiphon2.html

edit: ... or maybe you were talking about the Godin...? If so, never mind. :)

I´ll make an interchangeable scratchplate with pup, harness and all, wouldn´t touch the original. it´ll be just to detach the groundwire and four screews and voila, the original will rest in my vault :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived