Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson LP Custom of CS on 2005

sylvain

Hello,

I introduce myself, my name is Sylvain and I live in France. For years I was never this forom to register. This is now done.

Excuse me for my orthographer but I understand English but I have trouble writing it has correctly.

I just bought a Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop manufactured from 2005. The finish seems to be Cherry Sunburst or Heritage Cherry Sunburst.

My question is this. Would you have some information about the manufacture of this guitar. I know that have been manufactured for LP Custom Custom Shop in 2004-2005 but no more.

It seems no longer to the catalog, but why?

Why Is not the replicas of 68 models? yet it is the original model? knobs ? pickups ?

Why are 490-498 microphones while the original has 57?

A small picture of the beast:

I can give my serial number CS..... but i don't know if it's right ?

Thanks a lot for your response (answer ??? )

post-41282-079392900 1330856264_thumb.jpg

post-41282-035773100 1330856276_thumb.jpg

Your best bet would be to email Gibson customer service with the serial number. They may ask for further photos. Contact Customer Service at: Customer Service

To me it looks like a Les Paul custom but not a Reissue of a 68 or other model Custom. A Reissue would not generally have a serial number starting with "CS".

Your best bet would be to email Gibson customer service with the serial number. They may ask for further photos. Contact Customer Service at: Customer Service

To me it looks like a Les Paul custom but not a Reissue of a 68 or other model Custom. A Reissue would not generally have a serial number starting with "CS".

My serial number in CS524.. So it's a custom shop.

I think it's a LP custom of CS authentic. What do you you think about it ?

Thanks for the mail adresse, i've send a mail without pics but with the serial. I'm waiting !!!!!!!!

You bought a regular 2005 Les Paul Custom. Weight-relieved body and short neck tenon. I can tell by the Nashville bridge. It's not a reissue or Custom Authentic. This is your guitar. http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Les-Paul-Custom.aspx

'68 reissues do not have CS serial numbers. Gibson makes '68RIs every year but I think they make such a low number each year that they don't feel the need to advertise that particular model.

You bought a regular 2005 Les Paul Custom. Weight-relieved body and short neck tenon. I can tell by the Nashville bridge. It's not a reissue or Custom Authentic. This is your guitar. http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Les-Paul-Custom.aspx

'68 reissues do not have CS serial numbers. Gibson makes '68RIs every year but I think they make such a low number each year that they don't feel the need to advertise that particular model.

thank you.

I did not know that the LP Custom was made ​​by the Custom Shop.

I actually just read it since 2004.

Does this mean it is treated as United States and not a Gibson Gibson Custom Shop (CTS, Bumblebee .....)

in fact it is a LP Custom but Heritage cherry sunburst or cherry sunburst. I think they make less than BB?

• 3 months later...

thank you.

I did not know that the LP Custom was made ​​by the Custom Shop.

I actually just read it since 2004.

Does this mean it is treated as United States and not a Gibson Gibson Custom Shop (CTS, Bumblebee .....)

Since 2004 the regular Les Paul Customs have been made in the same Custom Shop, with the same craftsmanship and by the same workers as the Les Paul Reissue Customs. Don't let personal perference differences or the lack of the word "Reissue" make you think you have a lesser guitar. Things like pickups, caps, etc.. are all personal preference items that if chosen are cheap and easily replaced. Your guitar is just as much a Custom Shop Gibson as any Custom Shop Reissue or any other Custom Shop Gibson. All Gibson Custom Shop guitars use the highest quality woods.

Archived