Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: Epi Dot Limited Edition - Pelham Blue

LPDEN

Adding to my Epiphone collection, last night I purchased this new Epi Dot Limited Edition in Pelham Blue. I had been wanting to include a 335 style hollow-body for quite some time and when I learned of this Dot being available new in the box at my local Gibson/Epiphone dealer in my favorite Gibson color of all time, I jumped on the opportunity to take it home! Out of the box the set-up was perfect and need no adjustment whatsoever. The action: perfect!

Here are some pics when it first arrived home. Today it will get a Gerlitz Guitar Honey treatment to the Rosewoods fretboard and some extended playng this evening through my VOX AC15C1-BL.

SAM_0002.jpg

Very Nice! Just out of curiosity, what is the model number? More specifically, what are the color designation letters? Is it "ML" or "PB"? I'm just trying to figure out if Pelham Blue and Metallic Light Blue are the same color.

Thanks!

That's a Beauty!...also the lil VOX!!!

cheers

Thanks, TS! Yes, the VOX is actually the limited edition AC15C1-BL. VOX manufactured 650 of these amps and similar to the regular line, they sound awesome.

Very Nice! Just out of curiosity, what is the model number? More specifically, what are the color designation letters? Is it "ML" or "PB"? I'm just trying to figure out if Pelham Blue and Metallic Light Blue are the same color.

Thanks!

RTH, you're absolutely right in that they tagged this with the DOT - ML designation. So I guess they chose the Pelham Blue color and somewhere along a worker tagged the labels in the computer as ML. On the other hand, the DR100 Limited has the proper PB label color designation. Go figure...

I've always placed Pelham Blue as slightly lighter than the Epi's Metallic Light Blue, the latter of which is seen here:

Epi G-400 SG in METALLIC LIGHT BLUE:

DV016_Jpg_Large_512587.909_light_blue.jpg

PELHAM BLUE

DV016_Jpg_Large_H71865.001_pelham_blue.jpg

My Pelham Blue DOT tagged as "ML":

SAM_0002-1.jpg

RTH, you're absolutely right in that they tagged this with the DOT - ML designation. So I guess they chose the Pelham Blue color and somewhere along a worker tagged the labels in the computer as ML. On the other hand, the DR100 Limited has the proper PB label color designation. Go figure...

I've always placed Pelham Blue as slightly lighter than the Epi's Metallic Light Blue, the latter of which is seen here:

Ok. Thanks! I just keep running in to older models that look like PB, but are labeled as ML. A lot of 1996-97 stuff and I'm not sure if PB was an official color back then. Knowing that a PB model is labeled as ML helps a lot, actually. Thanks again!

I like the fact that the F-holes are also blue, rather than being painted black. Very nice!

They really did a nice job all the way around with this. I'm quite pleased as I can't find a single thing to nitpick about on it...!

Ok. Thanks! I just keep running in to older models that look like PB, but are labeled as ML. A lot of 1996-97 stuff and I'm not sure if PB was an official color back then. Knowing that a PB model is labeled as ML helps a lot, actually. Thanks again!

I also recall the lighter blues from the 90's as well. They indeed share the hues of Pelham Blue which was mainly just associated with Gibson. It seemed as historic models were taking off and the likes of Fender was issuing it's vintage colors to a wide array of it's lineup such as Inca Silver, Lake Placid Blue, Sea foam, Surf and Sherwood Green, and so on, Gibson to started with the expansion of it's reach to it's own vintage colors. My guess is the color variations were loosely administrated when it came to like colors and identified them properly when it came to non-USA custom shop guitars and that carried over to current day. What's baffling about it though is that Epiphone actually did limited runs specifically in late 2011 for Pelham Blue on various models, and for the factories to get the labeling wrong on some but not all models is all but inexcusable. But it makes for a good footnote reference guide about production variations and proper I.D. of the mislabeled models.

Congrats on the PB unit. That color is cool and hot at the same time.

Thanks, I'm indeed lucky to be able to add it to my guitar rack. As I mentioned above, PB is my favorite Gibson custom color.

i got the Epi hardshell cases for the DOT and the DR-100 ordered tonight. Should be here by the weekend hopefully. As much as I like gigbags, nothing protects a guitar in transit like a hardshell case.

Archived