Gibson Brands Forums

Why I Did It.....

Murph

I started bumping threads last night for the sole purpose of putting the "Congrats" thread on page 2, hoping it would go away.

My reasons were humble.

People here can talk, joke, argue, and have opinions on pickups, pickguards, amps, speakers, cords, chords, Fender, Gibson, ect. Coke, Pepsi, Bud, Coors, Corona.....

But politics will always cause a problem among friends and family.

There is a line in a Deep Purple song from Purpendicular (Ted The Mechanic) that says "another thing I won't discuss is religion, it always starts a fight".

ALL wars are started because of politics, and or, religion and I just hated seeing people with a vast knowledge of Gibson gear being torn apart because of an election. I come here for guitar stuff, information and such, but was seeing people who would otherwise be giving insight on issues, turn it into a fight.

I meant well.

Didn't work out.

Sorry.

Murph.

I forgive you Murph.

I too bumped a few.

I know this is an off topic discussion area, but I've just seen this kind of thing stink up a whole forum.

It does bleed over into the other topics, after alliegences are drawn and sides are picked.

Some people never communicate the same way after a battle of politics and religion.

Peace.

Rick...

I bumped some too, even started new posts for that purpose. I just figured if the political thread(s) were hovering near the top people would be compelled to add more and more and before long someone would say the wrong thing and.....

I think most of us agree it's time to get back to business. We voted and that's that. Let the man get acclimated and we can go back to wondering what kind of strings will make us sound like Stevie Ray Zeppelin or Eddie Van Heflin.

If someone does have something political to say, then by all means do so, I'm just sick to death of election talk for a little while. If anyone caught South Park (the Hope Diamond episode I'll call it so it won't be a spoiler) the townsfolks' reaction to the election results really REALLY hit the nail on the head. Those guys are scary good at taking something topical and its' effect on people and hanging it out for all to see and laugh at. After seeing that, I thought to myself, "Wow, we really DID act like that over the last few weeks!"

Peace, play your guitar, spank your wife.

Or you can borrow one of my guitars and I'll come spank your wife.

Archived