Gibson Brands Forums

SG G-310 does not fit in TKL case?

trossit

Hi Forum,

I was going to purchase a new new TKL case for my SG G-310 from a local music store. We pulled a Epi SG from the rack and I was surprised it would not fit. The lower bout of the case seemed to narrow. Are the TKL case not for Epiphone SGs? I was really surprised.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Forum,

I was going to purchase a new new TKL case for my SG G-310 from a local music store. We pulled a Epi SG from the rack and I was surprised it would not fit. The lower bout of the case seemed to narrow. Are the TKL case not for Epiphone SGs? I was really surprised.

Thanks

You are not going crazy. The same thing happened to me. Took a Epi SG off the rack. tried to wedge it into a just received TKL case and it would not fit. I notice the same issue with the molded SKB cases. Gator makes a Deluxe wood case that fits the Epi SG pretty well.

Case fitment has varied over the years even with cases from the same manufacturer I noticed. Although I found the cases made for Epi have been most consistant. I recently posted how the Alleykay case is a perfect fit for the ES-339 which can be helpfulto 339 owners since the designated 339 case has been slow-coming to market availability.

This things just happen at 50+ posts a day.......

don't worry.......

I'm usually sharp up to 100. I'm surely slipping in my age... I think it has to do with my lower 1.19 avg. Maybe I'll be better when it reaches a whopping 5.54 avg... [biggrin]

I'm usually sharp up to 100. I'm surely slipping in my age... I think it has to do with my lower 1.19 avg. Maybe I'll be better when it reaches a whopping 5.54 avg... [biggrin]

And 5.54 high quality and very informative posts per day they are.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this problem with my G-310 that I had some 15-20 years ago. When I bought it online, I was given an Epiphone case meant for the G-400, and the 310 just barely fit, and I pretty much had to force it to get it to fit at all. The problem was, as the 310 has a bolt-on neck which was set into the body an inch or two shorter than the set-neck of the G400, the headstock was actually about an inch or two CLOSER to the body than on the 400, making it a VERY tight fit in the G400 case (it almost didn't fit at all.) Compare the 310 and the 400 and you'll see what I mean, the dimensions between the two guitars are way different, the G-310 is actually shorter than the G-400. I suspect that's what the problem is here.

Archived