Gibson Brands Forums

Jimi would be proud of this. Sorry about the mistakes, i didnt warm up

FenderGuy1

Thanks for sharing tv loving Fender guy! :)

Yes I agree it needs some work, but there were also lots of positives - such as a nice confident attack and most importantly, what came across was a real love for the music.

Matt

What I like most is you're doing it without playing along with the record [thumbup]

To me that shows confidence, and that's half the battle [thumbup] [thumbup]

Yeah, BACKING TRACKS DRIVE ME NUTS!! Not to brag, but I can keep time on my own, given the fact that I am also a drummer that cut his teeth playing Moby ****, La Villa Strangiato (Rush instrumental from the Hemispheres record, released in 1978), Anton Fig's solos in the Ace Frehley tune Rip it Out, and Peter Criss's 100,000 Years solo from the Alive! record over and over again.

Only one thing I would advice you to do... at your current age and status (bedroom player) it won't hurt to look at the fretboard/guitar while play, in fact it will pay later when you get so accustomed to every part of your guitar that you don't need to look at it at all. Right now not looking at the guitar makes you miss some notes, that too gets stuck in your memory forever so better have care with it.

Archived