Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - YAY!!!!!

jaygl

Here's my new Special Faded. Picked her up used for a sweet $600 Canadian. It's a 2010 model.Put some grovers on her and new strings and, wow, she sounds sweet. A little "gruntier" than my standard 24...the 490's are hot. Sweet sounding SG for the money for sure. Anyone tell me off hand if the pick-up covers I'll need are the ones with different spacing, or, both spaced the same? Cheers.

IMGA0474.jpg

IMGA0472.jpg

Congrats and Happy new guitar day? It's a HNGD for me today as well.

I have a 2008 SG special with the 490's in it..I bought it used about 2 yrs ago..The seller covered the pickups, but I'm sorry I don't know what covers they are, but it can be done...A pic of my SG is my avatar

Congrats!! For the pickup covers, you'd need 1 neck and 1 bridge cover. The bridge 490T is spaced a little wider on the pole pieces than the neck 490R. There's a good tutorial on how to install them at the "Free Information" section of the Stew Mac website - www.stewmac.com

Congrats!! For the pickup covers, you'd need 1 neck and 1 bridge cover. The bridge 490T is spaced a little wider on the pole pieces than the neck 490R. There's a good tutorial on how to install them at the "Free Information" section of the Stew Mac website - www.stewmac.com

Thanks for all the comments and info all.

It's a real nice player for sure. I love the fat neck, feels like a standard profile. I'll post some pics when she's dressed up and ready to step out.....lol. Parts on order from the Gibson store. B)

Archived