Gibson Brands Forums

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

ksdaddy

• 2 months later...

jim - a red neck hippy from BC, playing 55 of 63 years, loves gibson martin fender and many other makes of git, somewhat irreverent at times...sometimes tries to be funny and misses...sometimes hits--- stay tuned and play.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks. Name is Steve, long time lurker here from the UK, thought it was time I got involved. Been on a very long journey with acoustics, lots of really nice guitars along the way, but

I always knew Gibson was home, and it is only them that remain. Some great info available on this forum, and I look forward to trading ideas, knowledge, and chat with you all in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and merry Christmas!!

My name is dan and I’m new here but I’ve had my old Gibson for a almost 20

Years. It’s a country western made in ‘57.

I’m curious if any lefty models were ever made back then and if there’s a way to find out what factory she was made...

Peace and Gods blessings to you all!

Dan from sumpter MI

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Mark here...

I have a Custom Shop Dove and I love it.

My brother has quite a few Gibsons including a gorgeous 12 string he bought brand new (I think) in 1970, he turned me onto Gibsons long ago but I never bought one until last year.

Better late than never right?

Hello and merry Christmas!!

My name is dan and I’m new here but I’ve had my old Gibson for a almost 20

Years. It’s a country western made in ‘57.

I’m curious if any lefty models were ever made back then and if there’s a way to find out what factory she was made...

Peace and Gods blessings to you all!

Dan from sumpter MI

All Gibsons in the 1950's were made in the Parsons Street plant in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

Someone else will need to answer the question about lefty guitars in this period. I suspect they were special order.

By the way, those late-50's CW's are great guitars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello from Arizona. I've been lurking here for about 6 months and registered recently. Been playing acoustic guitar on and off for about 30 years. Raising kids and working got in the way, but I had some guitar instruction books and learned some songs to play and sing. I guess I'm the classic marketing target for guitar makers; Recently retired baby boomer who always wanted a really nice guitar or two, but didn't have the time or money to indulge. So I've gravitated to Gibson acoustic guitars and really am enjoying learning about all the many models and variations. My gateway Gibson was a Songwriter Studio DLX that I found used at a local store last year. Love it, and of course a couple of others have joined my small group of acoustics. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing, hearing, and learning more about all these wonderful Gibson acoustic guitars. Thanks for having me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Paulo and I'm also a Gibson addict. I play mostly electric, but I just got my first Gibson acoustic, a 2019 L-00 Studio in Walnut burst. Just wow!! What a guitar at such relatively good price. I've played many $3k-$5k acoustic guitars of different makes, both Gibson and non-Gibson, and I own a standard series OM(000) Martin. The L-00 Studio do not disappoint and definitely punches above its weight (price bracket). So much mojo, character and great bluesy vibe on that guitar. On top of that, it sounds spectacular. Before trying it at the store, I was a bit hesitant regarding the walnut back and sides, but ended up loving it. I'd say it's a middle ground between clarity and response of mahogany and the warmth of rosewood. I became an instant fan of walnut. As a bonus, it's just a beautiful piece of wood that is slightly figured. Also, for someone who plays mostly electric, it is extremely easy and comfortable to play those L-00 with its shorter scale and neck profile that feels very familiar to electric guitar players. The neck profile is also a very good middle ground. Not overly thin, but not too chunky either. I bonded with my L-00 the moment I picked it up to try it. It has a much bigger sound than I was expecting for a guitar with a smaller body. Sounds loud and balanced and the action was spot on. Comfortably low without any buzzing whatsoever. It's the first guitar, be it acoustic or electric, of any make, that I didn't need nor want to adjust or tweak one single thing on it. Usually with other guitars I adjust the action height to my liking, or the neck relief, or the nut slots, or the fret ends, or nut edges, or something else entirely as soon as I got home, but not with this guitar. It was just perfect off the rack.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank God for the new format! After lurking for the last several years....I can finally register and participate in the forum. I'm currently retired,living in L.A. with my wonderful wife. I have five Boseman beauties....a L00 Keb Mo, a J-35 Luthiers Choice (like a Fuller's J-35 re-issue but with a different bridge which co-incidentally I bought from Fuller's), a 12 Fret AJ from Wildwood, a 2016 J-50 LTD re-issue and a 2016 Hummingbird LTD with an Addy top and gold hardware and thick pickguard. Love 'em all!

Best,

Rip

Been a member for some years but abandoned the forum since I (regretfully) sold my J-45. Just got a 2014 L-00 TV that is wonderful, so I'm back and looking forward to all the interesting and entertaining posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Stradibarrius from the Atlanta, GA area. a new J-15 owner and I am VERY happy with this guitar. Have always wanted a walnut guitar and now I have it. I tried out several guitars before buying and it boiled between this Gibson and a Martin. I had a slope shoulder years ago and sold it...what a mistake. Now I have a walnut slope shoulder!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm Joel and I am the proud owner of a J45 Studio that is my pride and joy. It took me a long time to realize how cool  a slope shoulder guitar really is. My first guitar was a 1977 Takamine F360S which was a great Martin D28 knock off.  I'd love to own one today. In my mind, a dreadnought looked like a D28, square shoulders. I've owned many guitars over the years, including three J200 guitars, one rosewood. I wish I still had that one.  Anyway, this beautiful J45 that I now own is definitely  a keeper. IMG_1883.thumb.jpg.554faee3fe08fbb5e71b7f52e78bb034.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Steve here.  Live in Western North Carolina USA.  Singer/songwriter.  Retired from regular job.  Currently own a 2010 Stonebridge dred that I love.  On the hunt for a Gibson.  I play and write gospel, folk, country, comedy or whatever.  Hybrid of three finger style (played banjo) and strumming.   Looking forward to interacting. 

Steve

I'm brand new.  Brooklyn-born, time in Orange County, NY before university (U of Kansas) now in Alberta.  Married, four kids.  Do not own a Gibson - I have two 70's Yamaha's, one an FG-331 from '78, one an '81 all solid wood L5A, an old beat up Val Dez V66 from Finland, probably 1971, and a '95 Samick SW115D Artist Series given to me, which I just fixed up.  If I did/could have a Gibson, it'd be the L-00 Deluxe, the LL-00 Standard, or the LL-00 Sustainable.  I am also interested in the Rosewood Adjustable Bridges Gibson used in the 60's, and how people feel about them here, as my Val Dez has one.   Glad to be here, regardless.  

Edited by NY Albertan

On 7/4/2019 at 10:45 PM, NY Albertan said:

I'm brand new.  Brooklyn-born, time in Orange County, NY before university (U of Kansas) now in Alberta.  Married, four kids.  Do not own a Gibson - I have two 70's Yamaha's, one an FG-331 from '78, one an '81 all solid wood L5A, an old beat up Val Dez V66 from Finland, probably 1971, and a '95 Samick SW115D Artist Series given to me, which I just fixed up.  If I did/could have a Gibson, it'd be the L-00 Deluxe, the LL-00 Standard, or the LL-00 Sustainable.  I am also interested in the Rosewood Adjustable Bridges Gibson used in the 60's, and how people feel about them here, as my Val Dez has one.   Glad to be here, regardless.  

Welcome, fellow Albertan! 🙂

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Huw (aka Huey) here from Churchstoke, mid-Wales. Unfortunately I don't own a Gibson acoustic, but am looking at getting one. I am in a band that have written original Americana style songs and I'm looking for a good all round guitar for this style. Finger-picking and strumming. I have been directed I'm the way of the J45. I have a Taylor W10 (1998) at present so I know what walnut sounds like. So what would you recommend me try? J45 Standard or studio? Many thanks!!!👍